What changed with Mei?

The only change I remember her getting is they removed the fall off on her secondary but I see most people want her primary nerfed. I remember her primary always being like this and people didn’t really call for nerfs. Did I miss some other buff she got?

Really dude only the m2 yah they didn’t make her freeze hit 6 ppl at the same time her ice block is the get out of jail free card and it heals to and she has 250 hp the m2 hs dose 150 damage and she has her wall too she is soo balanced dude

1 Like

well…

the multifrezz is a problem. but i think that mei now is terrible because the game have a slower pace. with sigma and orisa as meta, mei dont needs a lot of skils to hit high movement heros like genji or tracer. then everything on mei is put the wall behind tanks and frezz them until they are dead.

mei now is like, just pick a lot of low pace heros with massive self defense on close range. like reaper, orisa , mei , moira and dont let the enemy to stay near you.

Nah she hasn’t changed much since March 2018, although she got a slight buff on how long the frost-ticks-timer lasts after that.

222 helped Mei pickrate since she’s similar to a third Tank.

And the barrier nerf with 900HP Sigma barrier, and 600HP Orisa barrier.

Makes her 5 icepillars with 400HP each look rather beefy. Since you usually need to break down at least 2 pillars to get some meaningful damage through.

Also as a 250HP hero, she’s not as vulnerable to Hanzo arrows.
And Hanzo pickrate is through the roof. from about 4% GM pickrate in November, up to just below 10% GM pickrate now.

5 Likes

As far as her m1 goes:
Freeze particles disappear slower now so its easier for her to freeze you
Its now AoE like Moira’s healing, but against opponents obviously.

I don’t think that changed.
What changed was the “frost-ticks-timer”, where if you get hit by frost, the stacks of frost have a longer timer to before they disappear.

Aka
“It takes longer for the slows to wear off”

2 Likes

How is that different from what I said?

Oh thank you.

Do you mind giving me a practical example or two? I think I might either be about to hate Mei more, or hate her less.

Btw, how are your matches going?

Mei used to only be able to freeze one person at a time. If someone else got in the way of her spray, the slow/freeze effect on first target would immediately wear off.

If you saw Mei freezing your buddy, you used to be able to do a “Get down Mr. Present!” and jump in between them and Satan. You would start getting slowed down and probably take an icicle that was meant for your teammate, but while that happened your teammate would unfreeze and could help you double-team Mei.

Multi-freeze removed that counterplay.

If you pull a “Get down Mr President” against a Mei now, all it does is get both of you frozen and killed.

2 Likes

Used to be if you get hit by 1 projectile of frost, it would have a timer of like 0.5sec before the Slow disappears or you add another projectile of frost. Now it’s 1.5sec
(I actually don’t know the numbers but it’s around that range).

People keep confusing that buff which came after GOATs, for the multifreeze she got in March 2018 when Slambulance was briefly popular between Moth Meta #1 and Moth Meta #2.

I haven’t been playing as much, I’ve been on SmashBros and PathOfExile HardcoreMetamorph (died for the second time with permadeath, and a friend wants to play with me, almost had my character rebuilt last night and didn’t dodge just before bed…)

1 Like

So… freeze particles disappear slower?
(I’m trying my best, I swear)

I’m legit 100% fine with the multifreeze, good for Mei, I say.

I’m a Bowser main.

I’ve been playing Pokemon Shield. I tried playing Overwatch but I’m on “vacation” in Israel and my ping just won’t do.

More like after a player is hit by frost, there’s a timer were the frost wears off.

That timer got bigger.

So the slow dissappears slower, right? Is that why freeze chaining is so common now?

It makes it easier. Since you got 1.5sec to continue a freeze, instead of the smaller number.

Also I forgot about these changes from Feb 2019

• Endothermic Blaster
    • Primary fire damage increased from 2.25 to 2.75 (45 to 55 damage per second)
  • Ice Wall
    • Health reduced from 500 to 400
1 Like

Huh. Yup, I hate Mei less.

Yay :partying_face:

Thanks Falc.

The damage was buffed back in like February from 45 to 55 damage per second and it can pierce through enemies now. But that’s the last time she was buffed which was almost a full year ago.

Huh guess that change was from before the peircing.

February 2018

• Endothermic Blaster
    • Freeze (slow) duration increased from 1 second to 1.5 seconds

APRIL 10, 2018

Endothermic Blaster

• Now pierces through enemies

https://www.esportstales.com/overwatch/list-all-hero-updates-and-balance-changes

Wait. So does It basically act like Moira’s heal spray? If that’s the case then maybe just remove that. Or reduce the freeze time.

The first frost projectile does a 30% slow, the next projectiles do +2.5% slow.
If a player isn’t frozen and doesn’t get another additional frost projectile on them in the next 1.5sec. Then the Slows disappear.