What are the requirements for posting links on the forums?

I’d really like to link a free book by a pro gamer (David Sirlin) on how to win more games. I think it’d help a lot of people here. It’s called “Playing to win” and it’s on sirlin dot net, you should be able to find it pretty easily with google.

Details about gaining higher trust levels have not yet been revealed to the general populace. There are a few non-Blizzard representatives (such as myself) with link and image posting privileges, but that is because we are part of groups such as the forum MVP groups.

Please note, the specific reason you gave, might be a little close to the line of “Advertising” which is a minor violation of the Blizzard forum Code-of-Conduct (trust me, some players get grumpy if source an outside YouTube video in a discussion), depending how or why you wanted to post that link.

Posting links (whether you can directly hyperlink them or not), should only be done if you are needing to cite some source of material, or refer another player if they have a question about the game. In many cases, it is okay to post a link to share personal creative content here on the forums. I hope this helps.

1 Like

Aw…I wish I was part of the group, but probably for the best…

I just want to reach level 3 to post links, images and gifs…

you would have to help people and tell them about codes of conducts. Too much waste of time

I like helping people

It’s too bad posting on their forums for 12~ years doesn’t make me apart of any groups.

Although to be fair, I’m probably just too confrontational to be granted forum super-powers.

I don’t like you already :skull:

I will say participating in the Tech Support MVP group can be grueling. Look at my post history for the Technical Discussion forum on the old forums alone, and you will see that I have been downvoted… A LOT. The truth is that I often have to tell players information they will not like or want to accept. (i.e. Sorry, but you are penalized because you left a competitive game by disconnecting even though it was not intentional.)

I just explain a whole lot more about my role in another thread replying to RichC recently, so to not duplicate myself, I will link it here:

2 Likes

Ah I see, well I wish you luck friend