What are Hero bans?

I’ve seen everyone on the forums posting about them, and I get the general idea.

But can anyone explain to me how its gonna work? Do we just vote on a hero we dont want in a match?

pretty much ya certain heroes will be removed to harass the other team.

1 Like

No one knows because the feature is still just a rumor. People can only speculate based on how other games have implemented and how they hope it will work.

Both teams choose one or multiple heroes to ban. So if we compare it to other games, probably the team chooses and the most voted gets banned?

Ah, thank you!

I was wondering if I had somehow missed some huge announcement.

You queue for 10-30 minutes, waiting to play the hero you’ve been looking forward to play all day

then, when you do finally get a match, you are told by the other players, naw, you cant play that character, pick another…and indeed, you cant pick that character

thats hero ban

fun fun fun

1 Like

Both sides vote which heroes aren’t allowed to be played from the other team. As I am sure you can immagine. Bastion, Widow, Torb and Sym would be banned very often.

This isn’t something that should be done. Because there are players out there that do NOT like these heroes and they REFUSE how to learn to counter the hero.

So tbh I was wondering too so I watched a couple YouTube videos. It’s basically a highly likely update since the person who leaked most of the overwatch 2 stuff posted about it and jeff was talking about a developer update late this month. Hero bans is a system in which your team and the enemy team votes on a hero to be banned just that game. This system allows for characters with an advantage to be taken out of a game. A good example would be hanzo since he doesn’t take much skill to get a headshot since he doesn’t have a scope, blizzard decides to make his headshot chance more likely which is kind of annoying. So if your team votes for hanzo to be banned and the enemy team agrees it will allow a more fair game. Also think to the meta… double shield could have been stopped if people banned sigma. At this point imo it can only help.

1 Like

It’s where people vote a hero off the island who they can’t otherwise deal with.

Nobody knows how they would work, at all, nor how they’re being implemented, if at all. We know nothing.

to OP:

no need to worry about this further, as Jeff has indicated that the devs are against adding hero bans for multiple reasons, and are not working on it

Ehh, not a big deal for me, I flex play :’)
ive got 2-3 heros in every catagory i rotate through