What an interesting hypothesis: Creator Experimental Card and Creator Cup

Silvoc, Harmony, Emcee

Don’t see how you could miss it but the “silly fun part” is the Valkyrie reset

I would like to give some feedback about this ExC:

I feel as though it (much like the Pro experimental of March), lacks direction.
If the intent is to be fun, then why do some heroes receive nerfs to balance out small buffs.
For example the Ashe changes seem to be rather minor, or the Mercy changes seem quite harshly on the nerf side.

However the tank roster is quite flatly overall buffed (which looks really fun I must say I can’t wait to try it). Whereas the support and DPS rosters are more mixed looking.

Take Mei and Echo for example, they’ve been left out. I think that’s something that shouldn’t happen as if you’re gonna change 30 heroes at least go the whole way,

Another issue I have is for a hero like Symmetra. The one change she was given seems rather unimpactful and doubly so unimpactful for Symmetra herself. I can see possiblities of it being good for teleporting a Rein. But that’s hardly fun on Symmetra’s end.

These changes feel like a mix of “for the fun of it” changes and a mix of serious balance ideas. Much like the Pro experimental where they would put random changes in like Two torb turrets but nerf Ashe’s dynamite damage. Whereas here we have a mix of slight powershifts and HYPER BUFFS.

2 Likes

What about new content, real balance changes?

4 Likes

Oh killing blows that might get stolen extend the duration for 3 seconds?

It takes minimum 1 second for mercy to kill anything and it takes even longer to get into a position where you’re actually able to kill a target with pure headshots alone. In the most optimal scenario where your target is an immobile training dummy receiving zero aid.

It only makes it so pulling out a pistol and killing an enemy player instantly with aimbot is actually cost-efficient but not even making it any viable or more effective, outside of when using an aimbot hack and memeing enemy team squishies with nanovalk.

Then pistol outside of valk didn’t even get any changes, while dumpstering the other parts of valkyrie and her primary kit entirely.

Maybe for dps players who rather just meme with valk for flex passes and throw away her ulti, it might be a fun change. But pistol has never been her primary ability, that would be her staff and it extends to her valkyrie. And I say this as Mercy player who is not afraid of going for the kills, with or without valkyrie if needed, pistoling is still not the primary use of valkyrie.

The funniest part about the entire mercy change is that the healing debuff can probably be bypassed by making a mouse macro that clicks dmg boost on every 1.9 seconds.

Beam changes only take agency away from mercy’s decisions when and how to use both of her beams most efficiently.

The ExCard is live once again!

6 Likes

Redshell, Necros, Papajoe

1 Like

Glad to see most of us aren’t core players, I guess.

4 Likes

I feel like for a fun patch it does the job but I agree I think there should be 2 voices on the dps players perspectives to change 17 heroes but at least we could get ALL of them.

1 Like

So all of the threads on these forums asking for the ExC from people wanting ExC cards exactly like this do not count in your eyes? Or is this a case where because it wasn’t what you want that you assume no one else did.

We did see some changes from the April Fools patch actually come through in some form. So I wouldn’t rule out the possibility that some of the more serious changes could end up in the game in some way.

Letting Soldier reload while sprinting would be pretty nice, for example.

1 Like

ML7 for sure! Incredibly educational, very skilled mechanically and with gamesense, and an awfully positive member of the Top500 community.

3 Likes

It’s more a case of if you want to make something FUN, then add FUN changes.

Most of it is boring numbers changes. Some heroes didn’t even get changes at all.

This is similar to the first “pro” ExC where you had certain heroes that got actually fun changes and then you had the likes of Junkrat getting 5 damage to his trap, and some getting dumpstered. Flats himself even said directly in one of his streams that his intent wasn’t to make Orisa fun, it was to “dumpster” her.

Not to mention that if you didn’t follow these particular streamers, you might not have been aware that this ExC was coming, and yet they claim it was public and open> As AndyB said:

It certainly wasn’t advertised.

2 Likes

Two things: all they could do is change numbers because it’s an experimental card and second those number changes created wacky results with Zarya being an interesting one and all the DPS ones as well just became interesting by tweaking some numbers.

By the way if you are wondering how I knew that point it’s because this ExC was talked about openly for weeks.

Once again…”lets have fun and destroy all the supports”. If anything here makes it to OW2 it will be this support patch. But it does prove one thing… Content creators have no business in development of a game LOL. They need to get on YouTube and look pretty and stop having “ideas”.

2 Likes

You’re literally posting this on a thread made to advertise the ExCard?

ehh… i mean, it’s fun and all, but this was there chance to do some serious changes and get OW where we wanted it to be.

It’s something i guess. Definitely think this should have been made into a brand new card instead of experimental though.

1 Like

It does the job, but it could be significantly better
ensuring every hero gets something and that that something is actually fun should be priority.

1 Like

Just a suggestion: get a fourth creator involved and have them take half the damage roster. Looks like all of the damage roster didn’t get touched this time, probably due to its size.

And as far as creators to use for a future one: ProlikeChro. :smile:

3 Likes