What an interesting hypothesis: Creator Experimental Card and Creator Cup

Greeting everyone,

Just as a quick FYI, I will not be working on my usual Experimental vs Live comparison video that I post on my YouTube channel. The reason being is that I didn’t expect this coming, and with virtually every hero being tweaked it would take days to prepare.

Thanks for your understanding.

9 Likes

I want to shake somjuu and flats’s hand

Is there an ETA on when this Exc will come out?

Lmao better than the real devs

Samito’s card would be interesting.

It officially released @ 11 AM PST today, however we had a bug that necessitated us pulling it down temporarily. I’ll update ASAP when we have more news.

10 Likes

Imagine being a mercy main though and having this complete character gutting be considered “fun” by certain content creators and balance devs.

So fun in fact that if this actually made it live, I would personally uninstall the game. :joy:

That’s my feedback.

But at least I don’t need to login to play this experimental for funsies. I can continue playing new pokemon.

4 Likes

If it’s because of Mercy Valk infinite duration like what happened with Genji in the OWL card, then disabling Mercy until it is fixed would not be a bad idea.

The Mercy changes encourage her to make her playstyle way more dynamic, also they in fact fixed the self-stin for rez that so many complained about, if you have fun pressing down yellow beam you can keep doing it, but let people who play her correctly get more value off her

I don’t see what is dynamic about getting a debuff on your healing when you need to press it for longer than 2 seconds.

Aka trying to actually peel for teammates, which is her most important job.

I play mercy with heavy emphasis on damageboosting, but this change essentially says “don’t actually use your healing it’s not worth it”. But they gave nothing for using her other beam for "playing her properly" or even her gun in return, they just nerfed her healing massively with no proper compensation.

Some support I guess. Nothing fun or dynamic to be found.

3 Likes

Maybe you guys should start telling us what the reasons are. Because you know, you guys are already silent about everything else why not do it for the stupid over the top patch?

1 Like

that would be for sure a lot of work. glad you always try and do so anyways. love how cool your videos are :heart_eyes:

Hmmmmmmmm does this mean AndyB lied when he said no exp card was coming? :thinking:

1 Like

As a comparison, it took 6 days to make the March Community ExC video, but thankfully 4 of those days I got in advance BEFORE the patch went live because we got the patch notes in advance, so I was able to prep the graphics and the Live patch gameplay.

1 Like

If you find 2 full seconds of a 55HP pocket and then 40HP “useless for peeling” you might suffer from delusion and might need to play on the other end of those match-ups

SI Not Found might do one of those if he has time, he usually makes those kinds of videos.

You need to give direction to these content creators to keep the changes fair. Give everyone over the top buffs and wacky changes, not just their favourite heroes. It’s a bad look. It screams “we want to see THESE heroes used in the tournament, not these other stinky ones.” notice how Tracer Genji and Hanzo got huge buffs, Sym got almost nothing, Mei got literally nothing, and Junk was nerfed… Wat

Another bad look is dropping a fake patch like this in the middle of a huge balance drought and content drought.

Lastly, use a player that knows Symmetra exists

6 Likes

Are you one of those players who think mercy is overpowered or something or that her peeling ability is somehow insanely good and not completely overshadowed by better and more bursty heroes in the same category?

If so, ya might wanna look into the mirror and take your own advice.

But I am saying for a supposed joke patch, these changes aren’t very much fun at all, rather than the very opposite of being fun.

They could have tried some actual fun stuff like reseting resurrection cooldown or reducing it’s cooldown by 5-10 if mercy player gets a killing blow. Even the pro experimental patch had a more fun mercy change.

I ain’t playing an experimental for “fun” if my character gets hammered down with a nerfbat this large, with zero actually fun or even effective compensations. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Would love to see StealthHacker, ChristalRaine and HoshizoraOW make one

Silvoc, Harmony, Emcee