What am I allowed to say on the forums?

I had a couple posts taken down for “violating the code of conduct,” and I was just wondering what I’m actually allowed to say. The first post talked about a character in a non-derogatory way, and the other post talked about the confusion of why my first post was removed and my account silenced, so I was wondering what’s actually appropriate to say. Answers would be greatly appreciated.

Here is the Forum Code-of-Conduct for your reference:

https://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct

1 Like

I’ve read it, which is why I posted what I posted. Why was my post removed?

Don’t forget this Wyoming

I would not be able to tell without seeing the post, however carefully think about what the forums are intended for which is to discuss Overwatch in a constructive manner. If the subject matter could be considered “sensitive topics” that don’t really have to much to the game itself, they are often removed at Blizzard’s discretion to minimize toxicity on the forums.

So ask yourself, is this post going to start toxic arguments? If yes, then don’t post it.

1 Like

The second post talked about my confusion with being banned from the forums. Can you explain that?

if it effects blizzardvisions stocks negatively its probably a ban.

its really a catchall system for them to be able to report anyone without much explanation… the conduct can be different according to the general opinion of the majority… ive been banned multiple times for stating things in previous seasons like issues with balance that are now rampant in the forums. its just a matter if people report you or not for the most part lol

1 Like

For some reason that doesn’t show up once you log in or at least it doesn’t for me.

Here’s the Code of Conduct in addition.

As for why your posts got deleted:

They don’t let you post about actions against your posts which is why your second topic was deleted if it was what I think it was. Your first topic was deleted if it is what I think it was because other topics covered the same item and some of them were topics to bait anger.

Generally speaking, the mods are like the mods many other places they do what they want when they want with a rule set that is grey enough they can generally do whatever they want without explanation

Depending on what you want to talk about, you can possibly find better discussions on reddit. (The mods on reddit have their own issues tho)

Just remember how the mods here behave when you are on the fence about buying an Activision product and if they ever ask for feedback on them.

This one’s easy, you’re not allowed to talk about your bans.

People keep saying to me how I’m not allowed to talk about my bans, yet you can see many posts of people talking about getting banned. That’s rather odd.

The mods occasionally give people passes and aren’t always active.

Content that gets flagged is more likely to be acted on.

Sounds like mob-mentality.

You really need to make that clear in the code of conduct.

this games balance is literally mob mentality, their reporting system in forums and game is mob mentality… ive been saying this for a long time. mob mentality just abuses reports for when they feel bad about their performance… i have like 20 reports total since reports are out and ive got a message back about a good report almost every time.

You aren’t really allowed to say much in the forums.

To be fair, that’s true most places. Police tend to be more likely to act on things that are reported to them more than they act on things that aren’t.

Spamming or Trolling

This category includes:

Excessively communicating the same phrase, similar phrases, or pure gibberish
Creating threads for the sole purpose of causing unrest on the forums
Causing disturbances in forum threads, such as picking fights, making off topic posts that ruin the thread, insulting other posters
Making non-constructive posts
Abusing the Reported Post feature by sending false alarms or nonsensical messages
Numbering a thread, IBTL, TLDR, or any other fad statements

If a player is found to have participated in such actions, he/she will:

Be given a temporary or permanent ban from the forums, depending upon severity

Ironically I have a feeling this thread would be deleted later. :neutral_face:

But talking about bans is not allowed in forums, It should be appealed privately.

Link: Blizzard Support - Appealing a Silence, Suspension, or Ban

That’s kinda the problem I have at the moment. The guy at the top said,

basically telling me the mods are pretty much nitpicking what should be banned because “mah report button!”