What about Avoid a Teammate Abuse?

If people are going to start avoiding players because they think one particular person on their team is the reason they lost, imagine their surprise when they realize they can only do that 2 times. Lots of people play the game, so getting avoided by a small handful means nothing. And so long as there’s still throwers and toxic people, those types will be the ones that get avoided. With only 2 avoids per week, the average player won’t be able to avoid every one trick that they come across. And if someone avoids you when you’re legitimately giving your all, let them. If they for some reason can’t stand you after one round, they’d probably be tilted out of their minds if they got matched on your team again, and they’d ruin your experience anyways.

Try playing more characters. You’ll win more games and your teammates wont flame you. Also, this isn’t really helping you, but i’m really curious… what do you do if someone else plays D.va?

The good news is that there is a 2 player limit. Gangers are going to love this feature but they are quickly going to learn that they want to use it JUDICIOUSLY. That means they have a high incentive to WAIT AND SEE how hero picks actually function and provide value before they use it.

That could be a massive win for everyone.

Probably not, and if it does it’s working as intended.

Players are limited to avoiding two players.

Unless you provide a unique level or style of annoyance you aren’t likely to have many players bother using it on you as they only get to pick two and it resets after a week.

The changes look like they are almost entirely designed on allowing players in Competitive Play at ranks with lower populations to avoid players that play in a style that is not popular and to avoid players that deliberately mess up their games (Ex: Stream Snipers).

The only unintended results I can see at the present is that players may choose to use avoid a teammate to arrange to be on the opposite team and you can potentially use the avoid button in a stacks to further influence the match.

I’m not worried about this at all, in fact I think the avoid list should be unlimited and not expire. I’ve only had this game since December but play a ton of hours a night, and am finding it very hard to advance because of poor hero choices. Most of the time it’s because people are playing defensive players on attack. I see too many Widows, Torbs, Meis, Bastions on attack when the team is short DPS, tanks or healers. I’ve been watching a lot of overwatch league and you almost never see pro players use those heroes on attack. I usually play Moira or Diva so the tank or healing is generally always needed, if not then I’ll play something else. I can get 4 gold medals and 12k healing on Moira in a game and end up losing SR. I can get 4 golds and plus 50% kill participation on Diva and lose SR. I don’t think this is fair and I don’t want to group with players who are going to cost me SR. Maybe the real solution is to weigh individual performance higher then whether you won or lost. And yes I looked up this thread because I am frustrated with the way comp works in this game. This may only be a problem when new players are trying to work through bronze silver and gold but that’s my perspective.

Having players that gang up on and are toxic towards you would be a good thing though. I’ve had games where a teammate has lost is mind over an off meta-hero choice, effectively tilting not only the targeted player, but himself and even the rest of the team. If he chooses to use the ‘Avoid Player’ option, then you never have to see him again (well, at least for a week). Everyone wins!

I don’t think it’s your team mate…I think you’re scapegoating and making this system like that AGAIN creates problems.

fair play alliance league of legends. enough said. there was a reason league is called the most toxic community in the world. blizzard stupiditly joined forced with riot games and the same nonsense will be joing all of blizzards games.

people quit league of autism for hots now hots the moment a new game comes out with out the sjw nonsense riot pushes will see a mass exodus.

league of legends is played one of 2 ways in a group of premade irl friends or solo and constantly remaking your account.

s**t doesn’t magically fall from the sky either some one launched into the air or a bird flew over head and blizzard has been told often not to do this because of how it ruins the gaming environment in favor of safe space nonsense. the anti sjw sentiment is growing with each release that is butchered and game that is being reduced to this. toxicity is an imaginary issue made up by pretend gamers who are extremely weak mentally. you can write text books for how all this works based on simple observation.

Oi, I think you’re brainwashed. Toxicity is indeed an issue…it pushes people away from games. Not everyone is made out of steel. Toxicity although it may not necessarily make you cry makes you perform worse.

Also, STOP blaming SJW’s for everything. Jesus, this discussion honestly doesn’t involve them at all. (You’ll fall to their level if you aren’t careful.)

people who do that will have their list of TWO full so fast they have to play with real toxic players or unavoid you

i wouldn’t worry.

calls someone brain washed claims toxicity is indeed an issue right afterwards. no sir you are toxicity you are what pushes people away from games. facts don’t care about your feelings as much as your feelings don’t care about facts.

ive quit overwatch ages ago because of people like you I chimed in to point out the reality of why its only going to get worse from here on out.

fair play alliance and the sjws at riot who don’t even practice what they preach riot lyte sleeping with interns and another guy wishing death and cancer on tyler one. 2 guys just like you who are toxic just like you who claim to be otherwise just like you will.

they made league of legends the most toxic community in history. you know why? because they invented it and they are leading the fair play alliance nonsense. you sjws are a cancer upon everything you touch its to a point where universities have been literally shut down after you sjws get out of hand.

I think your tin foil hat is on too tight.

Jokes aside, I’m not toxic. Toxicity is typically anger being hurled at people who are essentially trying to help you. I don’t even CARE if your enemy team is angry at you. (Unless they’re throwing like…racial slurs and whatnot. That’s a bit too far.)

The Fair Play Alliance have yet to do anything by the way. Don’t get your knickers in a twist about em yet.

you still cant even set the joke aside. why cant you people just admit it when you screw up and jumped to conclusions. instead you run to tin foil this and oh here you’re right but here you are dead wrong.

I haven’t and wont care if people like you ever believe me time always proves me right. the faces are priceless as well when it happens.

“The Fair Play Alliance have yet to do anything by the way. Don’t get your knickers in a twist about em yet.”

you aren’t very bright clearly since this has little to no relevance to my point all of you are complaining about how bad it is right? guess what this is data collection phase they are seeing what boundaries they can push. its not an issue of have they done anything yet it is a they will be doing things and it can only get worse when it starts.

don’t worry though. if the last games industry crash was an indicator of anything it will be better then ever after the upcoming crash. still some time until the people who stupidly forgive them after they knowingly make a bad decisions throw up there hands.