What’s the dumbest thing this community has gotten upset about?

Why doesn’t genji wear a big top hat?!

#genjitohatmovement

I think it helps illustrate the point sometimes though. Does Blizz hate tank players? My serious answer would be “no”

Do they balance like tank players don’t matter? Heck yes.

I’m loving the new buffs btw :sunglasses:

2 Likes

The first nerfs for moth mercy
There were actual people complaining about it

It was hilarious

3 Likes

Forum Doomfist once entered my game, made Overwatch uninstall itself and then blew my PC up which in turn made my home burn down!

On a serious note though, I’m primarily a tank/support player and have never understood all the Doomfist hate. Sure, he can be annoying af but I always found him less of a problem than some other characters because there’s actually reactive gameplay and risk vs reward when dealing with DF.

2 Likes

Complaining about Tracer’s pose.

8 Likes

I’m sorry, I didn’t get that. Did you mean Everything?

Yeah. This was a extremely stupid argument.
Granted they did replace her over the shoulder pose with a better looking one imo.

3 Likes

But tanks are inherently the most important picks in the game, and determine how the rest of the team plays. Like between goats to Orissa sigma tanks are what determines the rest of the game. They should be made more fun for sure, and qol changes should be made.

1 Like

Pink Mercy

(20 chars)

3 Likes

Several mega threads*

Though it was less about the stream of nerfs she was receiving post valk and more that they/I thought it was a terrible rework but all feed back was dumped into the trash threads regardless.

1 Like

Their barriers are strong, but tanks aren’t. Reinhardt is a giant sitting duck that can’t reach anything, he’s so pathetic once he’s removed from his healers and he’s the meta tank.

Tanks should be able to stand on their own feet more, but the direction they took with Orisa actually made her more reiant on healing.

1 Like

I’m going to say it

Symmetra golden glove

2 Likes

The time flankers complained because god tier Ana’s were wrecking them (when she had 80 dmg).

4 Likes

I think just this in general. People say players of other heroes and classes are entitled, but flankers literally feel they should go about deleting supports completely unopposed and declare it high skill.

3 Likes

I’ve seen people in this community get mad about Blizzard making McCree white in Reunion.

Yeah.

2 Likes

I think a lot of people have already forgotten but there used to be TONS of revert mercy threads. It wasn’t even funny.

For at least a 1 year and 1/2 there was thousands of revert mercy threads that dominated the forums and it was spearheaded by someone (I can’t remember their name) who ordered a “mercy brigade” on the forums.

Needless to say, a lot of people got banned and it finally stopped.

2 Likes

Well that would count as a dumb thing, not the dumbest thing, which would be the pinnacle of the arguement, which is the one I highlighted, because it was the circumstance where the win against flankers was earned, genuinely requiring the skill flankers talk about (and therefore ironic).

I dunno, the way they want to make kicking puppies sound difficult because of who they picked at spawn is pretty dumb to me.

Just the whole backward logic of selecting Genji being what makes them a skilled player and worthy of kicking puppies.

6 Likes

Sigma’s feet. What the hell was that all about? :-1: :rofl:

Also AriaRose. I’m glad I wasn’t on the forums at the time - at least not regularly, but I regret to admit that I was once a subscriber… :point_up: :woozy_face: That was how I knew about the forum raid. I’m very sure I saw a post of hers on here some time after, and she was just…unsurprisingly awful.

2 Likes

Probably Tracer revealed to be lesbian

The response to that was so stupid…

And the Soldier one wasnt any better

Like saying “my character is ruined!!!”, or something like that

4 Likes