Well rip Pharah

I wasnt serious with the Hold one button, but thats whats shes doing most of the time, the rest is awareness for the most part.

I wouldn’t count on it. Back before OWL, Pharmercy was the OG synergy. Both heros were always used on KotH maps in the OG esports days.

You’d have to simply buff how others can heal Pharah. Right now, it’s too hard to keep her up as any other support, which is why Mercy is the go-to. That’s why I’d like to see an increase to her ally hitbox, so that way Ana doesn’t have to focus on trying to hit her, which could make her miss shots and thus others on her team die.

Yeah, like Pharah is one of my most played characters, and I’m (just running based on stats) quite good at her, but I’ll freely acknowledge that I’m usually doing my team a disservice by running her instead of, say, Hanzo or even Soldier just because they’re required to take significantly more care of me than they would for either other hero.

1 Like

Stats argue otherwise. Unless you’re in the upper ranks of PSN, she’s hovering around a below average to average pickrate, and a below average to average winrate. She’s been considered a bad pick in sniper-heavy metas (i.e. GravStrike) because she’s effectively countered from the get-go and even in Dive, she wasn’t a “bad” pick out of hand, but she was “bad” because there were numerous better options than her. That, really, is the core of the problem: Pharah isn’t straight up “bad” but she’s also never “good” unless the enemy team outright ignores her simply because of her dependence on other heroes to become viable. Hence the goal of altering her so that she’s not dependent on the enemy team’s incompetence, but rather her personal ability to perform independently from combos such as PharMercy or having a Harmony Orb on her 24/7

1 Like

Brigitte can throw an armor pack up to her and Zen can hit her with an orb, so there’s them. It’s true that she has to land in order to get Lucio healing or get sprayed/orbed by Moira, and that it’s tricky for Ana to hit her in mid-air if she doesn’t hold still (and holding still is usually a guaranteed trip to the spawn room).

Which required looking above the battlefield. So many times my ally supports ignore me because their attention was elsewhere.

Second, their healing isn’t strong towards her.

which is literally what a strong pick is

pharah is in the upper middle of the dps roster of being picked and having the higer winrate, why change a hero who is currently fine? heroes like reaper, mccree, soldier, tracer etc are weaker stat wise

she is never the best but she is always at the top under the best ones

if she is better than most dps heroes then she is a strong pick

1 Like

If you’re flying in front of them then they don’t need to be looking up to see whether you’re in trouble or not, though.

Yup, she’s gonna ultimately end up worse than she was before.

Hero by hero, they change this game to be unrecognizable from the one that first drew us in. This isn’t how you add new content. This sure as hell isn’t how you balance a game. If this many heroes needed retooling, then either the game was completely broken for the the first year, or the heroes are being messed with for because Blizzard doesn’t know what to do with them. Neither answer speaks competence.

that buff to all hitscans should be enough

pharamercy isnt the strong anymore

she’s practically unplayable without a mercy

1 Like

Well, Jeff Kaplan replied to a post that was asking for some positive changes to Pharah, so I’m given the impression that they’re going to buff her. While understand that at the lower ranks (especially on console), she’s a nightmare to deal with, she’s extremely hard to be effective at the higher ranks (high plat - and above).
I’m hopeful that this is the case.

i hope this means purely a rework to her ult, like giving her a burst of 3-5 rockets that have much greater splash dmg and radius and she can stil move while firing them

I doubt theyre going to buff her much.

and nerfing her is just wrong, they already indirectly nerfed her.

That’s what I can only hope for. I don’t want to have a Mercy in order to be viable. I want to viable on my own and get rid of Pharamercy al together.

1 Like

cries in Mercy

Yeah good luck with the Pharah changes whatever they might be.