Welcome to Season 27 of Competitive Play

Welcome to Season 27 of Competitive Play

Season 27 of Competitive Play is here!

Unlocked at level 25, Competitive Play is designed for those players who want to put their skills to the test, and offers a more serious experience than our Quick Play or Arcade Modes.

GETTING STARTED

Before you can kick off your competitive career, every player will be required to complete five placement matches in a selected role to obtain their seasonal skill rating for that role. Within the standard Role Queue competitive mode, players will earn separate skill ratings (SR) for each role in Competitive Play, for a total of three distinct SRs. This rating will be a number between 1 and 5000, with higher values indicating a greater skill level. Players will also be assigned a tier per role based on their rating—Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Diamond, Master, or Grandmaster – and climbing into the next tier is possible as you improve. Open Queue will utilize the same rating and tier system, but since there is no Role Queue system, you will have a separate, single SR reflective of your performance across all heroes within this game mode.

Skill ratings and tier icons will be visible at the beginning of every match. As you compete, your selected role or Open Queue skill rating will increase or decrease with each win or loss based on a number of factors, including your own performance and the skill of the other players in the match.

A detailed breakdown of the skill tiers, along with icons and information about the corresponding skill ratings can be found by pressing the “Information” button under the Competitive Play menu.

COMPETITIVE REWARDS

In addition to experiencing the thrill of victory, players can also unlock unique rewards through Competitive Play. Anyone who completes their placement matches in any role or Open Queue during a Competitive Season will receive a special spray and player icon.

On top of that, as you complete competitive matches, you’ll earn a currency called Competitive Points. When the season concludes, you’ll also receive a number of Competitive Points based on the highest Skill Tier you obtained during the season per role to spend on golden versions of your favorite heroes’ weapons. This also applies to your highest Skill Tier reached within the Open Queue.

Here’s the Skill Rating (SR) to Competitive Point (CP) breakdown:

Per Role Open Queue Max Total
Bronze 25 65 140
Silver 50 125 275
Gold 100 250 550
Platinum 200 500 1100
Diamond 300 750 1650
Master 450 1200 2550
Grandmaster 650 1750 3700

TOP 500 LEADERBOARDS

The best of the best players compete across five separate Top 500 Leaderboards. Within Role Queue, one for each role, along with an additional combined average leaderboard. The combined Role Queue Top 500 Leaderboard will be based on the player’s average skill rating across all three roles. To be eligible for a role-specific leaderboard, players must complete at least 25 games in that role. To qualify for the combined Top 500 Leaderboard, players must be eligible for all three role-specific leaderboards. Open Queue will have its own Leaderboard that will require at least 50 games played within the game mode for qualification. At the end of the season, players who earn a spot within the Top 500 players for any of these leaderboards on their platform and region will receive an additional player icon and animated spray.

Regarding Season 27 Top 500: Top 500 for Competitive Season 27 will begin on March 18th, slightly short of the standard 2-week period following the beginning of the season. While this change stems from last week’s technical issue, it does mean that Top 500 will be active for the same amount of time as any other competitive season.

Season 27 is live RIGHT NOW on Windows PC, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One, so power up your favorite gaming machine and join the fight. We’ll see you in-game!

3 Likes

Alright everybody! Let do this!

Good luck to everyone this season!

8 Likes

Not sure if your Leroy is a meme, but if it is, it’s my faved one. Hilarious though, Leroy. I also wish every1 good luck for their games in OW.

Regarding Season 27 Top 500: Top 500 for Competitive Season 27 will begin on March 18th, slightly short of the standard 2-week period following the beginning of the season. While this change stems from last week’s technical issue, it does mean that Top 500 will be active for the same amount of time as any other competitive season.

4 Likes

I did my competitive placements during the season 26 extension and I previously did a placement before the extension and got my rewards, but I didn’t get any competitive points at the end of the season or any rewards for the placements I did during the extension can anyone help me out please?

Are you saying you never heard of the Blizzard community’s oldest running joke?!

Oh dear…

1 Like

What I said here wouldn’t exist if I never watched or knew about LEROOOOOOOOOOY JENNNNKIIIIIIIINS.

I lost 720 SR when I was 4007 now im 3280, just by doing placements

1 Like

Competitive? That’s using the word loosely

2 Likes

So far one bronze sub-100 rank enemy smurf stack for first game. Then the enemy team had leavers the next two games. Good start.

1 Like

Hello blizzard, I really have an issue whit the matchmaking. Its really infuriating and hard to play competitive like this, people from all skill levels are matched together. For example, I’m level 470 and I’m getting matched with people far lover leveled than me both skilled and actual account level, its simply not fair. How about matching people with a max of 100 lvl below or a 100 lvl above them just to even things out. PLEASE IM BEGGING YOU. Its taking a toll on my nerves to be honest, and I like being competitive,the matchmaking is simply broken and unenjoyable.

2 Likes

Blizzard, I’m gonna come out and say it:
You really need for Endorsement level to weigh in during open comp.

1 Like

Blizzard,

This has been a discussion since the release of competitive. Please give some explanation as to why I can go 10 wins and 10 losses and have less SR than when starting. It makes ranking up in elo impossible unless you have an experienced group which not everyone has access to. I just want some explanation as to why the SR gain to loss ratio is so uneven. Please provide some insight and stop ignoring these comments.

good by season 27, it was not fun. disable bronze play. please feel free to ban my account.

Alguien me puede explicar cómo funciona el posicionamiento en el 6vs6 del evento de archivos?. En el competitivo normal tengo platino en todas sus formas y en el evento me ponen en plata ganando 6 partidas y quedando en oro en daño y eliminaciones casi siempre, no entiendo nada valla robo el evento…