Welcome to Season 16 of Competitive Play

What truly determines what get you placed in? It can’t be skill because I do good in every single placement match I do. I get gold for damage and eliminations as DPS. As healer I get gold healing. It’s not wins because I’ve lost 8 matches and got placed in the same tier. I honestly think it is based on complete and utter luck. I want to know what it is truly based on. Until then it will be based in luck for me. Anyone know what it’s based on?

The change for 4000> is massive.

Changes to the competitive system rarely happen.

And when they do happen, they tend to be focused on improving the experience of GM and top 500 players.

I could literally write a thesis on how completely terrible the SR system is. It’s a poor test of skill, and is not enjoyable from a gameplay perspective to huge portion of the player population.

There’s a reason comp numbers are low compared to other modes. There’s a reason comp numbers continue to drop.

Comp needs sweeping changes, but it seems all we get are tweaks that won’t even impact the vast majority of players.

It’s funny you bring up bronze players. Please, tell me one comp change that’s even attempted to help them and their gameplay experience.

I, like many other players, will continue to boycott OW comp. OW quite simply has one of the worst competitive experiences I’ve ever played.

And I say this as a competitive minded player who has played multiple other games at a tournament level.

2 Likes

Season 15 i improved a lot and climbed from 1600 to 2070 :smiley: For season 16, i hope to reach 2400 maybe platinum! :slight_smile: Still need to work a lot on my aim with ashe and my positionning, maybe i’ll try more hero in competitive.

Good luck to everyone :muscle:

1 Like

I want to start off by saying I appreciate all the work you do for this community, and I’m sorry to hear you had so many losses.

My advice to you (as a 3150 Diamond player) is that you will have more success in ranks with Personal Performance (which is Plat and below) if you stick to a solid role.

If you lose while flexing onto a hero you don’t have good stats with (because you’re flexing), you actually gain less SR and lose more.

If your stats are good on certain heroes, you will lose less SR and gain more (per win and loss).

I’m sure you already knew that, judging by you’re attitude on the forums- I figure you just like helping others so you’ve Flex, but it IS bad for your climb.

I climbed from 2100 to 3150 by focusing on my own play, and how I can use it to enable others (I play Main Tank).

You can make it, grinding is slow but it pays off.

I plan to get myself from Diamond to Masters, I would prefer GM- but I’ll focus on that over the 2 months of summer I have.

Gotta climb before I can beat the Titans.

Thanks for the kind comments. I primarily stick to playing the damage role, often to the jargon on my teammates. I only flex if two other players beat me to the damage role at the intitial hero selection screen which does not happen often (psst Blizzard please launch role queue!).

Overall reflecting on the night. It was just a really unlucky night, and I don’t feel too bad about it.

2 Likes

Another season of high rank players deranking and overwatch supporting them.
Last season I played vs a top 52 player that had dropped down to 1300 rating just to stomp kids. I was told by support that this is fine and it is not toxic. It’s a guarantee loss going against a player like this but this is what overwatch stands behind. They don’t care if you have a good time as long as you don’t flame your own team they won’t ban anyone.

2 Likes

r/thathappened

Thanks for logging back into overwatch today, heres your bi-monthly competitive points.

Now put a piece of tape over your SR from last season and play these 10 games!

can we get some actual changes for a different season?

2 Likes

I think it’s because people can easily force themselves to disconnect. All I have to do is take out my wifi adapter. If the game didn’t punish us for disconnecting, people would be doing this all the time to dodge their games

Just played 10 games on moira.
Season start 1691, after 10 games 1688
won 5 games = 111 sr gain - 10sr, 27sr, 22sr, 26sr and 26sr,
Lost 5 games = 114 sr loss - 19sr, 26sr, 28sr, 20sr and 21sr
Win percentage is 51%
Won 4 in a row then lost 5 in a row then won one.
People don’t see the problem with the sr system and how it awards players. It needs to be a set sr value, not random.
So with a win % greater then 50, I should have been a few points above placement start.

1 Like

What is the point of sr if the matchmaking create your team 200 sr down or up from yours? I am low gold and i was with players around 1700-1800 or 2200 or more, what is the point of that. There no exist a fair game anymore

Still the same old garbage. Smurfs, throwers, aimbots and Blizzard too focused on their cash cow OWL to give a single f*ck about the state of ranked.

yeah for all of the thousand or two players who are in that bracket

for the rest of us FORTY MILLION ACCOUNTS it might as well be a dump on our collective face

Wooo time to climb, maybe

On console people using MnK now stack in Masters with smurfs. I mean there are Master stacks about in about 3-5.

Masters should have the stack rule too so more Masters can climb reach GM who only solo queue or duo stack.

Diamond and lower stacking rules are fine because people are learning, improving, and developing game sense. Masters however, usually have those things but refuse to stack to climb such as myself.

My goal for the season is to stay in Plat instead of Gold. But what sucks is that I got 2 loses and 8 wins and I still placed mid-gold but come on. I mean seruoslu i’m a Soldier main that carrys my team. I think the placing has got better over the past few years and months. But I think I should’ve gotten a low plat or even mid. Either way Overwatch; you guys have created one of the most fun console and PC games in like the world. Also one more thing. I think we would all like that Rocket Cat. I mean seriusly those funny trailers about those cats are so awesome. I have two kitties and god they look great. I would love a cat in this game. Plus I’m a cat guy so…well yeah.

They do give out top 500 icons and sprays at the end of the season lol

Can’t both be true?

Oh wow. This feels like every other season’s post except for the very minoot changes. I would definitely want to play this game more than I already do.