Welcome to Season 15 of Competitive Play

When is top 500 announced for season 15 ?

you’re tryharding your placements too much. slack off and you can drop 300 easily. Trust me I’ve done both

Why do we have placement matches? We don’t all magically reset to 0. I find it really frustrating that I can’t play placement games with my friends because surprise surprise we aren’t ranked the same. However we shouldn’t be ranked at all. Either get rid of placement games or reset everyone to 0 so it’s a fair playing field.

Why won’t you implement a phone number requirement like DotA does for ALL ranked to prevent griefers, smurfs and cheaters and reset the SR/MMR system?

1 Like

Why won’t you implement a phone number requirement like DotA does for ALL ranked to prevent griefers, smurfs and cheaters and reset the SR/MMR system?

1 Like

(I’m just going to keep posting this each day until a Dev gets off their a*se and answers this simple question)

1 Like

Greetings, I would like to state that status of OVERWATCH match making is terrible. I just want to let anyone who is reading this post that the match-making algorithim of Overwatch is flawed. I love this game so very much that the current status of this game just made me sad. It’s just the same bunch of players with different accounts playing high level dps in low ranking matches and bilzzard has taken no action regarding this issue. A simple status of showing the elims and damage of all the members in the team should be made visible to everyone else, so that the comp can be changed depending of the performance of the fellow teammates .

P.S English is not my first language so please pardon my pooe english.

1 Like

welcome to season 15 where skill means nothing, throwers are everywhere, where the game is plagued by alt accounts, where matchmaker cant make a decent game, where there is a widow one trick doing absolutely nothing to help the team, and so on

1 Like

You’re just mad you have none of it. :man_shrugging:

They really aren’t. If anything, you’re making them by being so negative.

I wouldn’t call it a “plague”, it’s more of an abundance. You just think alt accounts are the horrible “this is my alt I don’t care” boogeyman that’s keeping you in your rank. When in reality it’s your own fault.

It can. If anything, (again), it’s probably you that’s ruining matches by being so negative.

Maybe because you’re not helping her? :thinking: You know, being a good teammate? No one can 1v6. With enough help a bad player can become a good one. Stop making other player’s lives harder by being a bad teammate.

Funny story, something similar happened recently when I was playing in gold. The Ana on the other team was flaming their Genji, and she said she wouldn’t heal him. I basically told her to stop being a baby, and that the Genji CAN’T do his job without you doing yours (but with a little extra added toxicity :wink:). And what do you know, the Genji did a lot better and (almost) won the game for his team.

Yep, there are plenty more examples of you being wrong and not understanding the game on a fundamental level. This community is already negative enough, please stop making posts like this. You guys are seriously killing me with this unrelenting negativity. :sob:

Anyways, welcome to season 15. Maybe if you change your mindset you’ll have better games, and improve at the same time!

This is a joke tho. Higher ranks are even worse than lower.Atleast lower ranks are low skilled players who obviously tryna learn.But in higher ranks,it is a joke.They say diamond rank is the 10% of the game,and i can tell you the 50% of this 10% is boosted persons who they have a gold player game sence.Not to mention the smurf ones,they just onetrick one hero they wanna learn and won’t even try to win.So its useless even if they are t500 on their mains.Masters?They say its the 3%. I can tell you its even worse tho. Boosted persons there with a HUGE negative attritude that rejects every tip or “pls don’t do that” thing.Smurfs from GM and t500 are there too,but the 90% of them will do onetrick and throw so its useless even there.I met smurfs there that they actually tried to win once or twice but,as i said,once or twice! The other times they just throw or onetrick doomfist vs sombra brigite and pharah mercy XD. Or they just sit and typing WOAH! You are masters rank,u noobs,get better u suck lmao,im t50 on ma main yo delete this game,and etc.So what can i do? just give me a tip for these kinda situations,cause i meet them alot. Im thinking of 2 different compeditive mode with different rating.Like,Group rating (Which you can join only with group) , and solo rating (which you can only join as solo). I know this won’t solve all of the problems,but at least some people will go at the exact solo rank they deserve.Im not trying to be negative here,but it makes me sick when i hear just be positive,get better and sh1t(sorry for the bad word).Cause i do know that it has nothing to do with improvement or positivity.Its bassicly LUCK.Pure LUCK you hear me? Its about who’s gonna have the boosted person(s) on his team,who’s gonna have the drunk smurf who onetricks doomfist,and who’s gonna have the ultimate GOD widowmaker from t500 who will take every single shot.So what should i do? Just pray?Or do you expect me to reach t100 to FINALLY have some decent games? Thats never gonna happen XD. Should i just derank my account to gold-plat and ruinning the games of the people that they’re trying to improve? Sounds good for me,and feel free to report me!

1 Like

Tom I really like the game, but it demoralizes a person when we get punished so heavily during losses. I think you were around for the Days of Arena from World of Warcraft. I remember the losses REALLY hurt the score. I dont want to tell you how to do your job. I just really think that some MINOR adjustments could make MORE people want to play the competitive mode. :wink: Thank you - Much Respects.

I’d like to see a statistic about how many players participated. I’m curious.

This is the least I’ve played for a long time. I usually have around 37 hours on Sym by the season end and I currently only have 17. I have been flexing to healers more but that only adds 3 hours. Game is just a chore to play.

2 Likes

I would just like to know why is thair a gold gun for comp? all my matches have been thrown by a ton of other smurf players on ps4 and im just starting to get drained from all of this toxic things. i love Overwatch but its always toxic and its comp playerbase is no diffrent, most play for the gun and not for inprovement.

Season 15 is the worst season so far, every single update or character added to this game has only furthered its decline to the point where most of the players who are still on Overwatch no longer take it seriously as a competitive game. So thats world of warcraft you killed, Diablo you killed, heros of the storm you killed, Hearthstone you killed, Starcraft is dead, and now overwatch is dead. I play with the exact same people every single night to the point where we remember each others names. Why is it the objective of Blizzard to release a polished fun game only to optimize it into a Casual Untested mess.

Hopefully your opponents don’t swap to brig and zone you out when you finally getting into the groove with Tracer.

Goodluck!

I was on a nearly 100% win rate over 3 seasons and got 200sr added after every seasons placements… :sweat_smile: So it is possible.

Fun fact, each season was a new carrer high. And I played my main on my main account. No smurfing. My main is the highest account… (actually all my accounts are high plat. :sweat_smile: I guess i hate losing and just tryhard whatever account i’m playing on haha)

Ends today or tomorrow?

You’re playing tracer? What? How is that going for you? Lol