Welcome Nintendo Switch Players!

Hello everyone and welcome to everyone who has answered the call on Nintendo Switch! I am one of the forum MVPs here on the official forums, which means I am a player just like you (I don’t represent Blizzard), but work hard to make sure everyone can enjoy Overwatch!

First if you are new to the Overwatch forums, and you wish to participate in the forums, you will need to link a BattleNet account to a Nintendo Switch account, follow these steps here to get started:

Next, the initial download for Overwatch is typically very large (as much as 30 GB), so make sure you download on a non-metered connection if possible. If you have any problems with downloading or connecting on console, please check this troubleshooting guide:

Don’t be afraid to ask questions, there are many great forum users here who are ready to lend their advice and knowledge to you. Also, be sure to check out my Blizzard Development Post Directory, this topic is a collective of all past developer posts and responses on the current state of the game:

Again, welcome everyone! Oh and do be sure to get playing right away as the Halloween Terror 2019 event is now live! There is dozens of limited-time skins, emotes, and other fun collectibles available to get in Loot Boxes but only through November 4th!

Cheers! (^^)v

28 Likes

welcome everyone I am not new here I use to play the game on PC, hope everyone enjoys the game

2 Likes

I own the pc edition for my desktop and laptop but I also have it on the switch. I will love to play it as soon as this day one patch decides to download.

1 Like

Would I be able to play the Switch version offline at all? I’m going camping and there’s going to be no connection to anything, (and in general I can’t be connected 24/7 everywhere I go) I’m going to have to pass on this otherwise.

No. You must be able to connect to the internet. (Note that mobile hotspots work if you have one).

Welcome Switch Players. I expect some of you to be absorbed into The Council of the Winky Face.

If so, I’ll enjoy playing games with you in the future! =3

1 Like

I’m hereeeeee ! Been here in Xbox but here again :rofl:

Welcome Switch players! I play on PC primarily but will be getting OW on the Switch as well. I’m very interested with the gyro controls!

1 Like

Welcome.

Here’s the best tutorial I’ve seen for Overwatch:

Here’s also a solid and brief guide on Reinhardt.

And overhead guide of all maps, including healthpack locations.

Yeah, I’d use that normally, but that’s not going to work where I’m going lol. Thanks.

Then make out constellations of Overwatch Characters in the starry sky! Have fun camping.

1 Like

“Fans of Microsoft PowerPoint will enjoy the frame rate” - Dinoflask

2 Likes

lol, I watched a livestream of it, it looked pretty okay, especially for a more mobile experience. I’d definitely get it if my career stats and items carried over between pc and Switch

It’s a wild ride! I’ve played on and off since downloading, this afternoon. In and out of the house. The weirdest place so far is a car dealership waiting for my oil change/tire rotation/battery replacement.

I also managed to acquire my Sombra 2018 Blizzcon skin!

I do have a couple questions? If that worked, will I get my OWL wins from the final and OWL points from watching league games? I checked with tech support, everything is linked.

Also have 5 loot boosts waiting in the wings, Kellogg’s Family Rewards connected to my account ready to rock!

Could be wrong, but I feel like the Switch will have the lowest player base for OW by far. Not their market, and an old game to boot.

You never know. Most console games do not last 4 years and we are on our way. Something about this game is so magical.

1 Like

Hi, PC player here. Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I was wanting to ask a question regarding the Switch version of Overwatch; Essentially, if I were to buy the Switch version, and link it to my Battle net Account, would I gain access to my stats and unlocks (skins, emotes, etc.) from the PC version?

1 Like

No, cross progression is not available at this time. Any promotional items such as BlizzCon skins will be received on all platforms you have your BattleNet account linked to, but otherwise any items earned or received directly in the game (including those from all Loot Boxes or paid purchases) are platform dependent.

Ah, okay then. Had a feeling that wasn’t the case, but I thought it was worth asking about.

Thanks for answering so swiftly :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can the game be played by two accounts on one switch? Or is it linked to just one account per copy?