Weird, new lag issues?

Hello! Long time Overwatch player, but I just came back from not playing for a while. I never had any issues with lag at all, but now it happens all the time. It’s weird though. The first game I play after startup is perfectly fine, but the more I play, the more lag there is. Sometimes it is actually unplayable. My computer specs shouldn’t be an issue:

i5 6400

1050 ti

It’s not my CPU overheating or anything; it usually is at 100% with only 53 C max temperature. I’m not the best with computers or what any of that means, but it doesn’t look like that’s the problem.

My ping seems fine. I tried lowering the graphics (to the lowest setting) and that helped a bit, but it shouldn’t be a graphics issue; I never had any lag in the past. Any idea what could be going wrong? Let me know if I need to provide more information.

Welcome back to Overwatch, NukingPyro. Can you possibly report your current ping rates are and FPS rates are? If necessary go to Options > Video > Display Performance Stats > Advanced and make sure that Latency and FPS are both turned on. You should see those statistics on the top left corner of the gameplay HUD during any live game of Overwatch (note the stats during menu screens will be regulated and not up to date).

There is not much to decipher about your issue unless you can provide more specific details. However, there are great starting guides that can help resolve any significant connection or performance issues which you can check out here:

So my FPS is 100+ when I’m not lagging, but when I do lag it drops drastically (less than 30 FPS).

My ping hovers around 50ms; I don’t really have any problems with that.

I looked at the troubleshooting steps for low FPS, and I’ve done all of that. I just don’t know what to do.

Thanks for the help anyways though.

Same thing here. I just came back a few weeks ago. Overwatch lags terribly…latency is fine. i get 100+ fps before it started this lagging in February.