Weird latency issues happening suddenly

Hi!
So a few days ago, I had to play using my 4G, and that’s the first time i did it in a while. But then, when I plugged my ethernet back, Overwatch has been acting weirdly:
Every 10seconds or so, I have a really small latency spike, but not big enough to show up in the Latency Meter in OW.
I know I have spikes because sudfdenly, my character will kinda slide and/or my ability will play twice. So it’s kinda annoying and I really dont know why it is happening, nothing has changed.
Thanks if someone could help me! ^^

1 Like

Hey there!

Let’s go ahead and have you run a WinMTR network test so that we can further investigate the problem. Here are the instructions. Use the game drop-down towards the bottom of the page to select “Overwatch”.

Once you have that WinMTR test data in a .TXT file, open the file. You’ll need to copy and paste the contents of the Text document into the post, and put four Tilde (~) marks above the WinMTR data. It’ll look like this:

WinMTR goes here

If you have issues pasting here, please use Pastebin and post the link (ex: Pastebin (dot) com/123456).

Sure ! Here it is:
https://pastebin.com/s8yWwxeC

There’s a little bit of packet loss on the ISP hops closest to you, but nothing serious. Do you still have the connection active in Windows for the hotspot? Like if WiFi still on, or USB tether connection still enabled? Sometimes Windows is bad at managing them if more than one is enabled.

First, thanks for trying to help me!

But no, I never play with 2 connections plugged at the same time, I’m only playing using Ethernet right now. I tried to restart my router but nothing changed. I also tried to flush my DNS, but no improvements. I don’t where it could come from.

It’s not about using them both, it’s about them both being enabled or not in the Network Adapter menu.

Oh I see.
So I looked for this menu, and i Deactivated the “Ethernet 2” who was the name of my 4G Hotspot when plugged in. But same problem. Would you like me to send a screenshot to see if I did it correctly?

If you disabled it, that shouldn’t be causing the problem. It’s possible the WinMTR didn’t pick up something happening in that moment.

Here is a full game, when the problem happened like 10 times. Dunno if this could help
https://pastebin.com/8J5H6p6X

The second test is showing more data loss on the ISP nodes, it jumped from 1% to 4%.