Weird FPS drop bug, stops after running another game [SOLVED..kind of]

I have played Overwatch on my computer since the very beginning of Overwatch and for most part it has been going great. I get around 120 FPS and down to 100 at the worst.

But suddenly, yesterday something happened. The fps just went all the way down. The menu was at ~90 FPS, and the moment a character model showed up it went down to 20. When I entered a game, the loading menu would go to around 60 FPS, but the moment the game starts, even in something like the Training facility, it drops to 20 or even lower. I looked at the task manager and saw Overwatch alone taking 97 % of the GPU.

I got frustrated and wondered whether it was Overwatch or something wrong with my computer. So I tried playing another game. I ran Portal 2 of all things and it ran all smooth (though I realize the game is less intensive). I also noticed a Nvidia Container process was taking a part of the GPU for Portal 2, but not for Overwatch, not sure if this is related.

When I then ran Overwatch again after Portal 2, it ran like it used to! I tested it again and again. It is definitely the case. Overwatch doesn’t work properly unless I run it after another graphics rending game. The problem returns if I leave the computer on for a good while and then try to start Overwatch, but then the FPS is slightly better.

I have tried stuff like restarting the computer, updating drivers, reinstalling Overwatch, run malware scans, nothing worked. I did not change the drivers before the event happened, and I am not sure on whether it was after an Overwatch update.

My graphics card is MSI Twin Frozr: Nvidia Geforce GTX 760. My settings on Overwatch as all low. Anyone else had such a bizarre problem? Found a solution?

SOLUTION:
So not really a solution, I ended up resetting my computer. I gave it a reinstall clearing the c drive. Game seems to work fine now.