Week 14 Overwatch League Hero Pool Draw - Reinhardt, Ashe, Reaper, & Brigitte Banned

WEEK 14 • HERO POOL DRAW

The Watchpoint Post Show is now live and the Watchpoint crew will be announcing the Week 14 Hero Pool Draw for only the Overwatch League. There have been important changes for Hero Pools both for Overwatch League and for Competitive Play!

Rules of the Hero Pool Draw:

• NEW RULE! To determine a week’s Hero Pool, Overwatch League will compile hero play rates from this weekend’s Overwatch League Play Rates. Heroes with play rates above a certain threshold will be eligible to be removed; the higher their play rate, the more likely they are to be removed.
  • NEW CHANGE! The number of chances each hero will have will be based on their average play time. The higher the playtime, the more chances they will have. 10-35% gets 1 ticket, 35-65% gets 2 tickets, 65% or higher gets 3 tickets.
  • Live tickets will be drawn on stream.
  • The heroes removed from week 13 of Overwatch League will return to play in the next week and will be immune from being removed in the next week’s draw.
    • Week 13’s banned heroes were Wrecking Ball, McCree, Widowmaker, and Mercy
  • 1 tank, 2 damage, and 1 support hero will be banned from play in Week 14 of Overwatch League and Overwatch Contenders.
  • NEW RULE! The rules for Hero Pools has changed for Competitive Play. In an upcoming patch, hero pools will only apply for matches with an average skill rating of 3500 skill rating or greater (Masters and Grandmasters games). Until that patch is released Hero Pools have been disabled for all ranks. Therefore there will be no hero pool for week 14 in Overwatch Competitive Play.

Heroes banned from Week 14

Reinhardt

Ashe

Reaper

Brigitte

Week 14 Schedule of Overwatch League

• SAT, MAY 09 - 1:00 AM - Shanghai Dragons vs. Seoul Dynasty
  • SAT, MAY 09 - 3:00 AM - Chengdu Hunters vs. London Spitfire
  • SAT, MAY 09 - 4:00 AM - Guangzhou Charge vs. New York Excelsior
  • SAT, MAY 09 - 12:00 PM - Paris Eternal vs. Los Angeles Gladiators
  • SAT, MAY 09 - 2:00 PM - Washington Justice vs. Vancouver Titans
  • SAT, MAY 09 - 4:00 PM - Houston Outlaws vs. Atlanta Reign
  • SAT, MAY 09 - 6:00 PM - Los Angeles Valiant vs. Boston Uprising
  • SUN, MAY 10 - 1:00 AM - Hangzhou Spark vs. Shanghai Dragons
  • SUN, MAY 10 - 3:00 AM - London Spitfire vs. Guangzhou Charge
  • SUN, MAY 10 - 12:00 PM - Dallas Fuel vs. Philadelphia Fusion
  • SUN, MAY 10 - 2:00 PM - Toronto Defiant vs. San Francisco Shock
  • SUN, MAY 10 - 4:00 PM - Florida Mayhem vs. Vancouver Titans

(All times are listed in Pacific Daylight Time)

Make your predictions on what will be rotated out next week in Overwatch League!

echo and ashe are definitely up there as dps candidates. mei and reaper probably

orisa and sigma, rein and dva for tanks

zen brig bap for supports

Guessing Sigma/Brig/Echo/Ashe

alright let’s see how owl messes up hero pools this week…

hero pools are only being applied to masters and grandmasters and are also only being selected via owl stats and not comp stats

Also no hero pools in ranked at all until they patch it. These picks are just for OWL next week.

Hero pools are gone for all ranks until the next patch, when they’ll come in for matches with an average 3.5k SR and above. Just to clarify that.

:crab:Hero Pools are Gone :crab:

My guesses?

Sigma, Echo, Reaper, Zen

In an ideal world:

Orisa, Mei, Reaper, Bap

Okay everyone, hero pools is just about to be drawn!

I’d like to see what happens without Sigma or D.Va. Also curious whether we’ll see so much Echo without Brig. They spent a lot of time armoring up Echos before they went in.

If it’s Tracer and Echo again I’m done.

D’Va, Echo, Ashe, Zen.

Master & GM: ah please don’t ban my main

Diamond and below: HAHAHAHAHAHA WHAT IS HERO POOLS?

Huh, no algorithm this week? :thinking:

Oh wait, didn’t they remove hero pools for everyone this week?

They said it will be removed for everyone until a later patch cause they had to work on it to make it master and gm only so it will come again in a later patch.

No Moira WeirdChamp.

I don’t even know if he’s eligible but my money’s still on Zen.

They said they were working on changing it so we didn’t get the ‘hero ban ping pong’ of the past 3-4 weeks.

Guess it’s not finished.

For the ladder, OWL will still keep them since they don’t need to wait on a patch for that.

1 Like