Weakest Character in Canon?

I’d say Ashe. She got destroyed by McCree in Reunion, even though she had multiple teammates and BOB there. She definitely wouldn’t stand a chance against anyone else.

4 Likes

Ashe, Mercy, Zarya, Lucio.

Zarya is just strong without and only recently made it into the “military” I think. Anyone with good training, good tools or dragons is stronger I think.

Mei is scary af in game but in canon? Yeah imma have to go Mei

8 Likes

Mei

Is weak and her only weapon is creating ice which is only working short term like in the OW2 short.

4 Likes

Weakest: Mercy.

Strongest: Symmetra.

4 Likes

D.va without her mech.

7 Likes

Physically weakest? Hammond.

9 Likes

“Strength” is a difficult thing to measure with a cast of such diverse abilities that might interact a bit like Rock Paper Scissors. Genji beats Reinhardt, who beats Sombra, who beats Genji.

Hammond, “Baby” Dva, Mercy, and Mei are all contenders for weakest. Assuming Mechs don’t count, then it’s definitely Hammond. If they do, I’d bet on either Mei or Mercy.

Zen, none of his abilities are canonically a thing. They things in game are just imagery for mental things

4 Likes

Mei does mountaineering. Despite her size, she’s relatively athletic.

In Storm Rising she picked up Genji with one arm, and in Valkyrie she mentions how heavy the suit she wears is. The valkyrie suit does boost her strength, but she still has to be pretty fit to wear it.

5 Likes

Zarya is the strongest woman in the world. She is definitely not a contender for the weakest.

11 Likes

I mean McCree only won because one of the triplets dropped the grenades. Had the grenades not been there McCree would have had no way of getting out from behind the rock.

2 Likes

I did consider this, but I also wanted to take the OP’s questionable logic into consideration, which seems to refer to general combative capabilities, calling Ashe weakest after failing to defeat McCree.

Considering both, Mei, at least in Zero Hour, was rather “green,” like civilian forced to fight. But then again, that probably doesn’t last into the story, as she seems a lot more comfortable in the mission they showed us. With Mercy, she doesn’t do any fighting herself, but like you said, the Valkyrie suit does enhance her strength. Though aside from mechless Hammond or Dva, I don’t know what characters I’d comfortably put below them.

1 Like

This doesn’t mean much in a world with super fighters, genetically wnhanced humans/cyborgs/animals/people with decades of combat experience.

If a marine was to fight a weightlifer, I would bet on the former.

1 Like

I think the weakest is Mei, and strongest is probably sigma without being controlled by talon.

1 Like

We don’t know how skilled in battle is Dva without her mech, so i’d pick her for weakest character

1 Like

I have to agree. Hammond is only strong because of his mech. Get him out of there and what is he going to do, bite your ankles?

5 Likes

:slight_smile: hahahaha

Tracer is pretty strong, but in-universe, it would only take a couple of well aimed shots to the Chronal Accelerator to put her in critical danger, something that no other character experiences. Her speed is immense and her strength seems passable, but she’s got the most glaring weakness of any cast members, so I’d say she’s probably the weakest in my mind.

People say that Hammond is weak without the Wrecking Ball mech, but just look at his Repairs emote- guy moves around at lightning speed. Featured in the same emote, he’s also got a hammer that he can swing with enough force to recalibrate the mech instantly, AND which has a spike mounted on the other end. People are lucky that Wrecking Ball doesn’t have the Eject passive like D.va does, because he could maul out your eye in seconds if he wanted to.

Although his abilities as realized in the game are said to be non-canon, that does not mean he has no abilities at all. His floating is a real thing in the OW2 cutscene, and that ability doesn’t seem to involve hoverjets like it does for the statues in Nepal or the waiters in Oasis.

In canon he still fights to defend people, so he’s probably doing something more than just kicking his opponents.