We were promised information a half hour ago

They just see a gotcha moment, HA blizzard promised and didnt deliver. Nobody actually gives a flying fortress about information about a new comp season.

90% of the stuff in the forum is people overhyping themselves up about stuff that doesn’t exist and wasn’t promised.

1 Like

only thing I saw anywhere was confirmed 5 sub tier ranking system

I mean, if that was the case, why bother saying “we’ll have more details soon!” Seasons have been running the same way for years now, and the only difference with this one is it won’t run the standard length because of October 4th. Anyone could have put those details together.

I wasn’t expecting them to reveal anything dramatic. I just figured we’d learn something beyond “yes, there’s another comp season.”

It’s been 6 weeks of silence and there’s still important things to discuss. It’s not unreasonable to think that with Overwatch 2 30 days away, entering the final season of OW1, an NDA summit being lifted “next month,” and “details coming 11 AM PDT on Thursday” to expect more than “yes another season.” That much was obvious.

Like…why bother having a community manager respond if it’s really that banal?

1 Like

Sometimes the most obvious answer is the correct answer.

I’m realizing that, it’s just…

Man, Blizzard is lame.

1 Like

Well, they tweeted….

1 Like

Genji

Craig just put a competitive post saying a competitive 2.0 blog post will be coming soon, not sure how soon is soon though lol, but that’s what he was talking about in his earlier post most likely

1 Like

Ayyyyyyyy 5 hours late is better than never!

2 Likes

I do not think it was promised, but I did get my hopes up. It seemed like a great way to send OW1 off, a one month season of something, even double xp would have been something, have loot boxes have a higher chance of dropping certain skins, or have a 6v6 ow1 season without 2 cp, anything but a streamer experimental patch would have been nice. I really expected them to give us something.

From Craig himself:
“Apologies about that. No, I only meant to detail this final Competitive season for Overwatch. However, I will note we have multiple Overwatch 2 updates between now and the launch overall. Be sure to keep a look out for them on our website and social channels, including our new [TikTok channel that we launched today.”

1 Like