We were given the wrong Mercy skin!

I’ve already messaged customer support about this, but I thought I’d share it here because it’s pretty funny.

So last night, it was announced that Overwatch-League All-Access pass holders would be given 6 of the home skins for free, the selection that we’d be given was shown in this 1st image:
https://imgur.com/a/aZ7JK2Q

However, after me and several of the other people in the chat claimed the skins, we all realised that instead of being given LA Gladiators Mercy (the purple one), we’d actually been given the Mercy skin for the other LA team, LA Valiant, as can be seen in the 2nd image. You will also notice that I do not have the LA Gladiators Mercy skin at all.

Maybe someone in the Blizzard staff secretly favours the Valiant over the Gladiators :wink:

6 Likes

Definitely strange. When you get a reply from customer support can you update me on this? I’m interested to see what they come up with :stuck_out_tongue:

Sure xD

I mean it’s not the first time that Blizzard has had a fiasco like this with Twitch’s loot system

1 Like

Wow. They fcked up. But if I have to be honest if Mercy has her yellow wings in the skin the valiant one looks far cooler. I wish the wings matched the team colors like
you know, for example Dallas fuel they would be blue, for excelsior they will go from red to purple-ish and so on

1 Like

I was kinda hoping for the Glads skin…

Here you go.

Very strange.

1 Like

Lel this is pretty hilarious.

And they are still trying to push this access pass thing, don’t they?

just ended up claiming these due to this thread

I finally got a response, this is Customer Support’s reply xD:

Your ticket has received the following response:

Greetings, fellow Adventurer!

Game Master Nanict here. I hope you are doing well today.

Thank you for contacting Blizzard Entertainment. We will always do our best to assist you :slight_smile:

This issue has been reported and is currently being investigated. It is recommended to report this as a bug. A fix will be coming soon :slight_smile:

If this seems to cover everything for you, be sure to mark the ticket as resolved through the Blizzard Support site when you get a chance! Although if you have any other questions or need help with this or something else, reply back to this ticket and we’ll work with you to get things sorted out. :slight_smile: Hopefully this helps clear things up!

Thank you again for contacting Blizzard Entertainment! I hope you enjoy the rest of your day :smiley:

-Nanict out! o/

Click here to review and resolve your ticket. If you continue to experience issues, you can respond to your ticket with additional information.

If you do not resolve the ticket or provide an additional response within one week, we will resolve the ticket automatically and you’ll receive a final update via email.

Regards,
Blizzard Support

1 Like

Thanks for that! It’s unusual he didn’t tell you what will happen when they “fix” this. Will the incorrect skins be removed from your account? What will happen if you have one of the accidental skins equipped when they “fix” this?

Man sometimes I wish they’d go into more detail.

no, not unusual. that’s a typical automated response for reporting an issue.

Granted, I used the wrong adjective. I should’ve used “silly” to say the least :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I don’t think they’re automated, but 95% of their reply is copy/pasted in from a template lul. There’s that little bit of information in the middle that they type in manually to suit the type of case.

No need to worry, this is OWL related so they’ll hop on this issue right away!

I noticed this but doesn’t really bother me. Cosplaying in-game as either Custa or Biggoose is fine by me. :stuck_out_tongue:

Wow that is strange☺️

Very strange indeed👌

Ah, bollocks. I had already bought the mercy gladiators skin, so I was fine with this.

Yeah I just googled this to find out what the deal was because I just bought the AAP because they’re running the 50% off special and I was like wtf Valiant Mercy?! But it’s whatever, I’m more annoyed that you get an NYXL Tracer skin with the pass and I had already bought that, so it’s a loss of a skin because they don’t give you something different or refund the league tokens :frowning: