We should make Tanks happy or Supports?

Removal of Brigitte’s shield bash hurt the Support mains the most, but one less CC is always welcomed for Tanks. (Plus, Doomfist, Tracer and Ball also got their nerfs.)

I heard rumors that Zen’s discord and Mercy’s damage boost are receiving nerfs as well, but again these will make Tanks’ lives a bit better because Discord is what make the Tanks get melted quicker.
With one less Tank, Damage boosting a DPS (e.g Ashe/Widow) will be surely oppressive where they could cripple the Tank before the Tank is in position to initiate the push. Counterplays is lacked until you have a godtier DPS + Mercy pocket to mirror back on them, or forcing on one-shot characters.

1 Like

Both ideally.

But Tanks take priority, up until the point where Supports have lower queue times than Tanks.

7 Likes

Just get rid of Anti-Nade and I’m fine with every other support ability. Or add a proper support with a ally cleanse.

2 Likes

It isnt a removal of the shield bash (at least it wasnt said to be so) its a removal of its stun

Most likely itll be changed to either be a mobility ability for brigitte, tuned with a good chunk more damage, or maybe theyll give it knockback but given that theyre trying to step away from CC probably not that one

Of course they might be removing shield bash entirely and compensating elsewhere which is a possibility though with how its worded i dont think that its whats happening right now

They havent seen overperforming of Mercy or Zenyatta yet so theyre not testing with nerfs but if they are shown to have it yes they could get nerfs as all charas could

2 Likes

Supports.

Supports are so opressed its unreal
DPS and Tanks are all broken with their I Win buttons while skillful healers like baptiste have to aim and press a complex button combination to use things like immortality field :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I wouldn’t go that far, at least not in the current game, but I have a bad feeling that everything I’ve seen about OW2 so far is leaning toward supports getting the short end of the stick.

They’ve been heavily focusing on tanks, intent on making them more solo friendly and fun to play. They’ve been focusing on toning down CC in general. So far as I can tell, supports aren’t getting changed too much, which I think is actually not such a good thing. With less protections in a game that’s all about getting into the enemy and mashing them up, I’m starting to think that playing support is going to be a nightmare if aggression is not mitigated somehow.

After all, dps have and always will be able to operate in a more solo environment, and tanks are moving into that area as well. Supports are ultimately still team reliant (maybe except Lucio and kinda Moira) as a large part of their kit, and I truly think we’re going to go back to the era of dive, when the team that killed the Zen first won (except now it’s going to be most of the supports in that slot).

Ideally all roles should have equal priority and Blizzard should be tightrope walking their best between them all. Of course, Tank is currently the most in crisis and in need of the most TLC right now, but…With the required Tank population being halved in OW2, Support could easily shift to being the bottleneck instead if Blizzard takes things too far.

The thing I find most worrying personally, is that most of the Tank “improvements” seem to be focused on stripping fun and uniqueness away from other heroes and any direct buffs are either mediocre or coupled with severe nerfs. They also haven’t stated any real solutions for the Tanks currently less suited to solo tanking, which if left unaddressed will likely mean Blizzard nerf hammering the actual suited Tanks over for the sake of balance.

3 Likes

I don’t know why you need to say “rumors” when you can literally click on the thread ON THESE FORUMS about Support changes and read proper context where all they say is “it doesn’t seem to be a problem but they will adjust as needed”

It is a little unfortunate when a blue comes to the forums with the stated goal of preventing false rumors from spreading by giving us information and the response is to actually misquote or make up things said. It almost justifies being told nothing.