We Need to Dispel Some Myths About Mercy

Funny again.
When random speak about healer “gneuhh mercy OP, gneeu Moira OP, gneeuu Brigitte OP”
When pro like Ryujehong speak about support “Zen is to strong”
Weird isn’t ?

But what Ryu know ? Forum guy are all pro player after all. Who care about his opinion :>

Let listen forum again, the same who was asking for a mercy nerf when she was a trash pick.
And because of them, she got rework and become very powerful.
They cry again, Bliz nerf here, then again.

Now she’s just a fking heal-bot stupidly easy to play but hey, they complain again.

At least they made me laugh every time :slight_smile:

1 Like

Mercy thrives on good teamwork (and there’s plenty of that in Masters and GM), always have really… but when before she had limited utility, consistent but limited healing, and an ult that could be baited out and used to set up team-wipes by good cooperation she now doesn’t really have any of those weaknesses. Limited utility? Rez on a platter with teammates that can protect her! Consistent but limited healing? Valkyrie to grant AoE healing! Ult to set up team-wipes? Nah, Valkyrie doesn’t work that way.

Umm. Zenyatta has been a must pick longer than Mercy has. Maybe nerfing him might have more impact than nerfing Mercy

Is this directed at me?

Because… I was a Mercy main before I stopped playing. The majority of the games I played were spent not as the DPS hero.

Well, right now, I’m not happy. Mercy’s rework has been a colossal failure, for more reasons than those regarding balance.

I don’t think you read the OP. I defended that very ability in it.

You are calling me a masochist.

Until we get a suitable alternative to the rework, no.

3 Likes

I mean I wish Mercy was the super strong one right now

Because that gives us a silver bullet to get a rework that fixes the problems around mercy for everyone

1 Like

I don’t take a statement for what the speaker is worth. I take a statement for what the statement is worth.

If the best player in the world says something stupid or blatantly false, I don’t care; but if a Bronze player says something worth hearing, I listen.

You do realize that I made a name for myself on the old forums by defending Mercy’s 1.x versions, right?

Just some examples:
Overwatch Forums
Overwatch Forums

One step ahead of you there too:
Why I Despise Mercy's Current State - #80

3 Likes

now give me a list with amount of rezzes now and then. why didn’t you give them bc theyre so much lower. but no leave it out and blame it on rez and don’t blame it on the devs making her viable. now she rezzes less often but she is viable.

You know reading some of the people talking to Titanium has me face paliming,
It’s the same thing that happens to me whenever I suggest a rework idea. People who would normally be on our side jump the gun, freaking hell people using your heas please.

1 Like

I don’t think is a good idea reverting back to old mass ress, it was a boring ability, and encourages a boring type of playstyle (hiding in the middle of a fight). If it was up to me I would make ress only available during valk. That way it would make ress once again be based on ult charge, it is not nearly as strong as the mass ress but you would still have the valk buffs to add value to the overall ult.

This would be a low cost change, nothing would have to be redesigned, and no work would go to waste. Ress we all know is a extremely strong ability, and even a single ress per ult would still add a lot of value to teamfights, but if for some reason the change turns out to be too much (which I doubt but this things can be a bit unpredictable) you can always tweak the ress cast time or even re-add the charges if (extremely) necessary.

1 Like

I was here before Titanium responded! yeet yeet dab dab

Please refer to this reply. Your assertions have already been answered and shot down.

it was- a reply on the first post. u gave data abt all her abilities but not of her rez

I agree
We could also make the dual rez more manageable and buff the fun factor of Valkyrie by Slicing the duration in half, that way even with one maybe even 2 rees it can still have some powerful healing that might not be as easy as all heck to just focus through.

What?

You’re right, but how is this at all relevant?

Because I never documented the exact values of Resurrect over the period of time that I documented the values of the other stats. Going off memory, the average number of Resurrections/game today is .5 less than it was pre-rework. That said, the way it is being used is for more powerful now that it was back then.

More insane than the power to reverse the deaths of multiple players every few minutes on an inconsistent basis.

1 Like

Hey Titanium, there is one thing in your thread I’d like to contest, and that is that Mercy’s pickrate was so high due to her popularity
That is true however I think it’s also worth noting that Mercy was one of only TWO main healers back in the day. Keeping in mind that in solo queue and basically everywhere below Masters at least everyone believes a main healer is as important as an anchor tank

And when her only competition is a hero who’s somewhere in the top 5 hardest heroes in the game WITH a required skillset that means the people who are below masters with the skills to play her would on average rather play Soldier or Widow.

a good mercy had rez every teamfight and could undo multiple picks back then and ur having problim with her undoing 1. be glad it’s not 5 and she isn’t invincible while rezzing. ohwait she also stands still. now don’t come to me with your crap like she is in the backline no one can hit her but im a master mercy main and i get like maybe 4 rezzes per match bc every pick the enemy gets they gaurd the body and i need to communicate with my whole team to defend me while rezzing. if my team helps me i DESERVE the rez.thats what people dont get. they think mercy NEVERRR EVVEERR should have rezzed BC BLABLA NO SKILL BLABLAA ITS JUST ONE BUTTON SHE IS OP. even when were on defense and the enemy team gets an early pick they dive onto the dead body making sure i can’t rez. so stop. she prob op in lower ranks but u barely climb playing mercy so why bother.

So you are a Mercy main that wants an obvious nerf for her kit and/or don’t recognizes she is now in a perfect state, with a powerful utility nicely balanced with counterplay for the enemy.

Puzzling

I wish.

A good Mercy had Resurrect available less often than a Genji had Dragonblade available. Or a Pharah had Rocket Barrage available. Or a Soldier:76 had Tactical Visor available.

Resurrect charged slower on average than any other healer ultimate except for Lucio’s.

They aren’t “picks” anymore if you’re able to undo several of them at once. The first one is a pick. The rest are just kills. Picks denote that they are the opening for an engagement.

I’m laughing while I read this…

I was a GM Mercy main for 3 consecutive seasons before I quit because of the rework. “Be glad it’s not 5”? I sure as hell wish it were five. Mercy was balanced and fun to play back then. Now she’s overpowered and boring as hell.

6 Likes

I would honestly prefer a rework; one that, to slightly rephrase a part of the OP, “Puts Resurrect where it belongs as her ultimate, or doesn’t put it in Mercy’s kit at all.”

A flat nerf to Mercy would solve the fact that Mercy is OP; it wouldn’t solve the other dozen problems I have with her kit that led to me dropping the game.

Because she isn’t in a perfect state.

The presence of counterplay doesn’t translate to the ability being balanced.

4 Likes

Myths
Mercy is a sweet Innocent Angel - that likes helping people

Reality
She is a necromancer bringing people back from the dead and using childern’s souls to stay young forever

Myth
Mass Resurrection was removed because it was OP

Reality
Van Helsing was on her scent when he heard there was a witch practicing the dark arts and started hunting her down. So she dropped the skill in order to not raise suspicion. Which is easily confirmed by the fact Van Helsing is now in Overwatch.

Myth
She is Sweedish

Reality
She actually is British and a known fugitive and pretending to be Sweedish.
Have you heard of Jack the Ripper? Jack is actually Jacqueline and she has been alive for nearly 400 years.

3 Likes