We need ability to NOT Leave As Group

For lack of a proper place of posting this I’ll put it here…

We desperately need an option to prevent group leaders from forcing whole team to leave games early.

Right now entire groups of people are being forcibly crashed out of games just by either an accidental or even a deliberate jerk group leader leaving early with “Leave As Group” check marked forcing entire group to also leave without any choice.

Even worse some absolute nasty people are using this oversight by the developers to troll people in LFG groups by setting up groups, then (at a critical point where the game is almost over) leaving the game forcing the entire team to have wasted all of their time without gaining any exp, plus causing them to all be penalized lost endorsements for leaving early.

People are abusing the stupid Leave as Group option to force entire team to lose endorsements by leaving matches early and / or throw games. We should have an option to remain in the game instead of being forcibly removed like that, and we should not be punished by losing endorsements for the decisions of a group leader that we have no part in.

We need a “Group Leader has left the game, do you want to leave? Yes or No” window, and an option we can set on/off in options for “Automatically Stay In Game If Group Leader Leaves” with the default being on (meaning you don’t see the message unless turn it off.)

42 Likes

I totally agree with you. There are many things to improve in the group groups system… Another situation is when the leaders queue the whole group into a competitive without the consent of the members, or when they are not close to their computers, I’m tired of having the button to leave the group ready for when they try to send competitive without my consent. Maybe a ready check thing would help with that.

P.S.: Maybe this should be in the General Discussion section.

10 Likes

Had already thought of that and put a thread there too. But I stuck it here because the General Discussion forum gets smashed with random trash threads and good threads get easily buried behind all the trash ones.

4 Likes

This is still an issue?! I’m shocked nothing about this was done all this time!

2 Likes

How does that even work? When my team has a leaver and I wait 2 minutes before I can leave without punishment I can’t force my group to leave. Everybody has to leave on their own and we have to group up again.

Personally do not know if it is happening with comp because I don’t trust LFG for comp play. To me, this has happened exclusively in QP and Arcade mode.

However, I have one instance of someone telling me it happened to them in comp. Like I said though I have not personally tested that statement. It ‘might’ be the person telling me that lied or was confused about the mode he was in. Or it is also feasibly possible that the holiday patch bugged up the code preventing group leaving. It is not one of those things I would want to test doing and ruining some poor person’s leaving record with.

Trolls will be trolls though. -_-

By the way, I’m interested: do you really loose you endorsment point for leaving in group when it’s decision of your leader? Do you have any proofs or it’s just suggestion?

People that leave games, in whichever way before finishing, lose endorsement points, leading to lose of endorsement levels.

1 Like

You used to lose endorsement level for leaving enough of any games at any stage for any reason (possibly even customs) but they may have patched that, I’m not really willing to do the testing to find out. Lately, I’ve left a few Horizons on the map load screen without penalty (I believe). Leader or not, in the past it never used to matter, a leave is a leave. In terms of proof, I’ve found that out the hard way through grouped friends getting sick of some games.

edit: clarity

2 Likes

LFG was a good start, but needs much improvement. When I’ve grouped up for QP games it’s been fun, but trying to group with people for Competitive via LFG has always netted in awful games. In fact, I don’t think I’ve won a single Competitive game with a group formed from LFG.

1 Like

I haven’t had this happen to me but I certainly don’t want it to.

This is a great idea and I fully support it.

1 Like

You have my sword. I mean my support.

Happened me a few times, but in my case it was usually a friend who ragequitted. No biggie, but endorsement fluctuation is kinda annoying.

Still, I’d very much like an option to block the leader from leaving as a group if there’s ANY kind of penalty (from not getting XP to losing SR or endorsement).

1 Like

Four days later. Still no official response either here, on the reddit thread I posted this to, or a patch to resolve the issue.

Meanwhile when I wrote a ticket up (for “crashes” due to them removing all other support ticket options - hey it sort of counts, right?) begging them to fix this I got a response stating that the ticket support can do nothing to fix the issue and I should post it to the forums… which I did, twice, and still failed to get a response. Regardless, the ticket support staff for some reason apparently could not even forward the issue to the dev team. Amazing…

/s Best customer support and feedback system ever Blizzard! /s

How is this still an issue? Edit: I mean obviously this needs to be fixed, at LEAST for competitive games so that leader cannot forcibly leave with whole team.

1 Like

Honestly? This is still an issue because there is not a big enough voice crying for it to be fixed. And the thread died because I was not allowed to bump my own posts and no one else responded prior to you. 5 months later you finally responded which opened it up for me to respond but I never had time to respond back until now.

I understand why the GM’s made people unable to post multiple times in a row on the same thread, but it makes threads like this die if no one else responds. I suppose I could make new copies of this thread every time it dies, but that would open me up to accusations of spamming hence why it just sat idle for 5 months.

1 Like

just like a “ready check” basically all group decisions should require a 100% majority vote.

1 Like

You can never “leave as group” in comp, AFAIK. (EDIT: during the match it’s not possible. Only after the Victory/Defeat screen appears, the option becomes available)
That option is only available in qp/arcade. If you wish to add a restriction, you should post in the General discussions forum. This forum is only for reporting bugs, not for requesting features.

The reason the thread dies is most likely because it’s not as big of an issue as you might think.

If only this was ‘always’ true. Apparently there is a bug or something that still makes it possible to happen. Or at least stories such as this routinely happen: