We need a seperate Mercy Discussion

If someone scream at you, and you try to scream louder to make him stop, others might not like it you know?

I could see that being a thing to be honest.

Except if you didn’t they would still keep screaming. Even though you caused a bit of disruption in the short term you’ve bettered a lot more in the long term

As I’ve recently stated in quite a number of other similar threads complaining about Mercy discussion…

She’s a popular hero, and the rework hasn’t started or finished at an ideal place for many on here. Maybe if some of these concerns were actually addressed, rather than be ignored, we might start making some positive progress and reducing the amount of discussion regarding Mercy’s current state or her rework overall. There were several megathreads over the course of a year which were pretty much ignored, they appeared to primarily serve as ‘damage control’ and not for the purpose the megathread claimed to be for. Having a separate discussion won’t help if it’s still being ignored.

Also, discussing forum policy isn’t what ‘General Discussion’ is for. It’s for discussion about Overwatch, so this might be seen as a non-constructive thread (CoC). This also only adds to the high amount of discussion regarding Mercy.

So all sweaty DF mains could all gather together and discuss how “much skill” they need to aquire to play this unholy difficult hero lol.

But mercy posts are not hurting anyone? Who you even care?

1 Like

Enough people already think Mercy mains are ‘entitled’, do you think giving them their own subforum would help with that?

1 Like

Literal quote from the welcome to general discussion.

LIke I said in the other thread:

I wish one of three things:

1. Either the mods step in and reign in the spam and start punishing known spammers.
  2. They give some official thread for them so they can all write in there or a sub-forum for Mercy so that the forums can actually function again.
  3. Add a filter so that I can easily filter out any thread with “Mercy” in the title.

The forums literally don’t function anymore, it’s impossible to have a decent conversation without someone derailing the conversation with Mercy, false analogies about money, pies, martyrdom or oppression. Good threads or anything not-related to Mercy gets immediately sucked in the swamp due to constant spam. And let’s not forget we now have Mercy “positivity” brigades. I’m from Europe so it reminds me of how communism was before 1989 where we had communist brigades to spread the good word. We know how that turned out. :rofl:

1 Like

Why not give them a seperate discussion then? Im kind of just tired of having all the hot posts be mercy discussions

“The Overwatch forums are for discussion of topics directly related to Overwatch.”

I honestly have doubts that creating a thread primarily as a complaint about the number of other threads in regards to discussion a specific hero, Mercy, actually qualifies :slight_smile:.

Point 1 - Spam would be repeating the same thing over and over, I’ve not seen any indication that any of the Mercy threads are posting the exact same content. I’ve seen variations of the idea around mass resurrect or (rarely) Valkyrie. I’ve not seen anything that would indicate threads just posting the exact same or near same message over and over such as just “#revertmercy” or such. In honesty however, I would say that threads complaining about the number of Mercy posts are not far from being similar and could be deemed as non-constructive too.

Point 2 - We tried that, several megathreads, in the end a group of members appeared to mass flag them. Before that however there was next to no official engagement on any of the feedback discussions within the megathreads. It ended up just being a messy jumble of discussion into a void.

Point 3 - That’s fine I guess, that’s no different to muting threads other than it being more automated. However I don’t think that’ll happen.

There is another option, start addressing bits and pieces of the apparently ignored feedback. A two way discussion could help start to make some positive progression and help reduce the amount of discussion. I wouldn’t mind a megathread if this time they actually engaged in discussion regularly and helped with steering suggestions and feedback into something that they might eventually consider implementing.

Mercy needs own FORUM, where on a 2 minute timer a thread gets randomly 404’d…

Welp if people not gona make more other posts then it gona be mercy, also you make mercy discussion too you know :confused:

Yet the overwatch forums are directly related to overwatch and it says that battle net posts won be deleted. Implying that battle.net is directly related to overwatch

You are clearly biased then. I respect your opinion and you are entitled to it but you are biased.

The devs are not obliged to agree or do anything that your group demands. Mercy is not your property.

Too bad. Until then we are stuck to square one. Unless of course people start vacating this place and going to Reddit (which honestly seems like a good option since I won’t be silenced there for having a different opinion) and this place remains a Mercy echo chamber (which honestly it kind of is anyway or very close to becoming since nobody is policing the endless stream of Mercy spam).

Mass rez isn’t coming back, it’s been one year and no amount of spam will return mass rez back. Mercy is fine and she is going to get buffed, don’t see what the issue is.

I already proved why this point is bad in my other post lol

Then every hero needs sub forums. As it is now, anyone can make a thread about whatever they want as long as it pertains to Overwatch, this means Mercy and non Mercy threads. People will continue to make them as they see fit.

2 Likes

The back button always helps me when I’m somewhere I don’t want to be

Give it a try, it may surprise you.

But isn’t that what happens already?

Agreed, this would be the fairer option. Have ‘General Discussion’ for everything else outside of hero specific discussion and a subforum for each hero, or at least each role if you don’t want too many categories.

As for the person in this thread saying I’m biased, I could equally say the same to you but I didn’t :slight_smile:.