We got a response on Mercy

Go watch the first point described in the developer update and come back to me.

That’s because the Brigitte posts are only 3 days old and Blizzard is going to put out a PTR to address the issue because they recognize there is an issue.

The Mercy posts are months old at this point and still keep going when there is no balance problem. This isn’t the first time the devs have spoken on it either.

They still need Brigitte feedback until they think she’s in the right place. They don’t need the Mercy feedback because she already is in the right place.

2 Likes

Does spectator simulator sound fun to you? That’s what Mercy has been reduced to. As Tracer, as a flanker, your job is to hunt down Mercy. It’s not like there’s thousands of places to hide as Mercy, and when Mercy is hiding she’s basically defenseless.

1 Like

The megathread for Mercy was created when the rework came out. There was no waiting period there.

… isn’t that the point of a feedback thread? 90% of all the posts about Brig are saying practically the exact same thing with different flavors.

They don’t say the exact same thing, I’ve read them. Whilst they can be split down into a small amount of groups (Revert/Rework/She’s fine, in order from most common to least), that’s not all the same.

Similarly, the Brigitte posts can be broken down into a few groups (nerf Shield Bash/nerf Rally/She’s fine). I don’t see what makes the 2 situations any different.

Indeed. I thought that was the purpose of a feedback megathread. Even the main post on the Mercy megathread claims…

But of course now Jeff’s posted there at last we know that’s not true. The megathread for Mercy should be closed if Mercy is considered fine to them, not further and ongoing silencing along with misleading everyone there into believing they want further feedback about Mercy.

No. Megathreads are a way to keep posts from clogging the forums, but also a way to ignore the feedback.

If people want Brigitte to become a balanced hero, the last thing we need is a megathread right now.

bad design and balance are two different things, yet both apply to mercy in a way.

but go off, i guess.

(edit: this was not meant to be as rude as it sounded, sorry.)

The community Blizzard employees are not devs. Devs check the forums less because it isn’t their job, their job is to make the game.

but she is so slow to play in not fun when you rez people in they said that they wanted to get rid of hide in rez but that is what you have to do hide to rez people it slows down her game play a lot in does not fit with her role her gameplay is fast place but when you rez it is so slow in stops you for like 6 secs i think that is the main problem main people have with her rez is just so bad i don’t know why they can’t just do make her like auriel from heros of the storm she brings you back at half heath in it takes a bit for her to get her ult in rez so you have to think when you want to do it

Oh. So you do agree that megathreads are just a censorship tool, seeing how they didn’t actually want Mercy feedback despite the cruelly named topic?

I don’t care one way or another, I was just wondering if we were on the same page.

What if I told you that I actually like Mercys ult?

Sure it’s not the most powerful, but I’ll take flying any day. That’s just my opinion. You can disregard it, but that’s all it is, an opinion.

It’s not something we can use as an argument about characters balance. I’m sure many people thought Mercy 2.0 was a blast. She was op, but fun to play.

1 Like

Gonna be honest. I could hardly read what you wrote at all. Punctuation goes a long way to getting your point across. I’m making no judgements about the balance of the characters, I just want a Brig megathread to clean up the mess of the forums.

And believe me, I killed her all the time, as many times as I could. Your acting as if her team is just leaving her defenseless, and that she couldn’t fly to anyone.

She is still one of the most mobile healers.

In a way, yes, megathreads happen when the forums become nothing but a single topic and the development team doesn’t find the feedback constructive or actionable.

The Brigitte threads right now have value to the dev team, so until they don’t anymore they won’t megathread them.

1 Like

I’ll buy it. I don’t agree with it in a customer service angle and it’s a pretty detestable practice, but yeah. It was pretty clear Blizzard wasn’t going to make changes to Mercy when you could watch her pick rates start to rise.

I can actually see her getting a nerf in the future, because in OWL she’s beginning to get to that same level of must-pick because other healers just don’t perform consistently enough.

Or at least I see her getting a nerf before she ever gets another rework, both very unlikely.

I think that depends on how the meta develops. Mercy is good, but a lot of her value is meta dependent. She’s a lot better with dive or a spread out comp than in a deathball. So, if we go deathball again expect her pick rate to drop just because GA becomes less valuable and she becomes an easier target.

Finally now the Mercy crybabies will stop crying. or they wont. wait, they definitely wont. welp, nothing changed.

Ressurect is just way too good of a value engine. In regular play, it’s not really that much, and I can see why people claim it’s terrible. If you rez a terrible person, your ability was a 1.75s cast of “make me a target.”

If you rez Fleta, JJonak, or Snillo, oh baby did you just make some nutty value.

If I say symmetra is overpowered ,it doesn’t matter how much or how loudly I’ll cry ,I’d be wrong and they shouldn’t listen to me.