We buffed Reaper!

84 Potential heal isn’t too bad.

Still sad that nothing was done to Shadow Step…but the change to the spread is a good start at least.

3 Likes

Its actually a less random spread, not reduced.

1 Like

As a Reaper main I cannot be more happier for these changes. Buff Shadow Step and we be good

3 Likes

By concentrating more pellets near the center, you will see more headshots which will mean more damage being dealt to armor. At least on Reaper a headshot does 180 to armor while a bodyshot is a 70.

My bad I misread it. I thought the random was only to Roadie. Lemme fix that.

The spread is the same, just the randomization within the spread should be less. However its still random and not predictable, so i dont see the point in this change really.

3 Likes

Reaper definitely feels a bit better at very close range now.

Too bad SS and his ult are still worthless so i’m not sure if this will do that much for him in the end.

1 Like

It feels good, y’all! Like I’ve said in most threads regarding Reaper: “I’ll take anything”. So this is nice! Glad they’ve looked into/are looking into him. It’s a great day, Reaper daddy’s. Let us celebrate! This is a wonderful step in the right direction

2 Likes

As a Moira main, I know not to 1 vs 1 a Reaper. This change makes Reaper kill a Moira much faster.

I just wished Moira’s Fade was 5 seconds. She has been indirectly nerfed and Roadhog got buffed too. Another problem for Moira if she not careful.

It’s good to see Reaper buffed though. He kills tanks when they need to be killed. So healing him so he does his job will be an easy task and he also heals himself slightly more while he’s tank busting.

1 Like

For the life of me I don’t understand why they’re so stubborn about changing Shadow Step, it’s widely been considered by far the worst ability in game since inception. One would think it would be on the top of any rework/buff list and yet here we are years later and it’s still untouched…

:open_mouth:

I don’t even play Reaper and in drooling at those changes

1 Like

This is the only thing with this coming patch that makes me happy.

1 Like

It’s a good buff for a reaper but it’s going to hurt playing tanks even more. Especially main tanks.

I think that was the idea, people don’t want GOATs to be an auto-win against unorganized teams. I understand the frustration though, it’s hard to find a balance in a game with this much complexity.

Overall I’m really glad Reaper is getting a buff, I wouldn’t want them to buff Roadhog without Reaper.

2 Likes

That is the point. They are doubling down on his tank busting nature and maybe now he will be a top 5 tank buster. The good news, that spread change does nothing to hurt tanks except for maybe more headshot damage. The bad news, that lifesteal change is god tier.

I only started trying to focus on improving my Reaper play in the past few months, even though he has always been one of my favorite heroes… so this is very cool news.
“I’m back in black”

I understand he’s supposed to be a tank buster. The life steal change is going to be killer especially for any tank player. They have to be careful or he will go the way of brig where he needs intense focus to take down unless you have a sniper or very heavy burst damage.

It might get changed. I think they’re focusing on his damage impact first before they venture out. One shadowstep at a time.

1 Like

I’m gonna spend half of my scholarship if they buff bastion next patch. All if they rework him.

Seriously, last buff he got was july 24 and was only about overall falloff damage increase. Last change he got was March 3 2017 and it was a nerf