We all crashed. We demand our 50 sr back

BlizzardCS just posted it’s across all games and titles.

1 Like

Yeah same ! the servers went down on both pc and console :confused:

it added penalties! :frowning: me and a guy i was playing with got back in. I was suspended for 10 minutes and the other guy was suspended for 40

played 2 comp games and had someone dc in both. Lost SR. thanksssss blizz…

Oh, I’m certain we’ve been penalized, because that’s what always happens: OW servers crash, Blizz doesn’t take responsibility, and millions of people scream in frustration at their monitors.

3 Likes

Greetings, WyomingMyst forum MVP here. Blizzard is aware of the problem and is working to troubleshoot the issue.

1 Like

Oh look, I was right. Blizz won’t take responsibility for SR losses that are entirely, 100% their fault.

4 Likes

Read the link they specifically explain why penalties do start small.

1 Like

WTF, I was assuming they would rollback the servers, I am done with blizzard, what a waste of my THREE HUNDRED dollars, time to play league.

Yes, they explain that they don’t want to bother with it and don’t think the frustration that players experience because they messed up is worth addressing. Their position is pretty clear: “Sucks to be you guys.”

1 Like

Because that is not easy to do (its why we rarely have PTR snapshots) and not all problems necessarily affect the global or even just the region population.

literally all they want is money, if you arent going to rollback the sr for tons of people, idk what to tell you. I have gotten 12 leavers in a row. IN A ROW. dropped from silver to 1k sr. I have given up.

50 sr is huge. 2 games atleast. Then they also took away endorsement levels, sure they dont mean much but if you want non toxic games in lfg get to high levels and set that to minimum, drops toxicity, getting endorsement level ups take ages, and so does sr.

You got ripped off. The game goes on sale often for like $25.

Oh no I spent alot on cosmetics cause i enjoyed the game, then my first experience of them crashing the servers and we dont get refunded our sr? Like really blizzard?

SERVERS IS BACK UP :smiley:

I feel the fact that problems on the players side do deserve a penalty, but crashes on blizzards side should have a specific error key that disables any penalty transferring to the players profile happening if the crash is on blizzards side… This isnt the first OW crash we have had but a smarter error key system is all it needs. Having a game that has these kinds of issues needs to be tolerated by the developers and shouldnt affect a players experince due to a malfunction on the game servers side!

I will note, that there are specific circumstances where no penalties are applied and that is strictly with server crashes. From what I understand there were no server crashes last night, but instead a DDoS attack hitting key network providers that impacted our community. Unfortunately problems scale in size ranging from the common end user problems, to ISP issues, to undersea cable cuts, to malfunctioning HUBs, and so on. I believe Blizzard struggles with finding the best possible balance for all players and for all situations, all while working to keep Competitive Mode balanced in terms of matchmaking.

As I have said before on many occasions, there are no perfect answers to these issues, but I do believe they are looking at the best possible ones for all the factors that involve disconnections, crashes, server issues, and serial leavers to maintain the best possible Overwatch experience for everyone.

I do try to challenge these perceptions whenever I can get the chance, but I trust Blizzard that they are making the best possible decisions.

Hey folks,

The DDoS attack which triggered this was resolved late last night. You can read more about it in this thread. I’m locking this thread to prevent it from confusing anybody who may be having different issues today.

Keep in mind that this forum is not the one for suggestions for how the game works. We’re here for technical support. Thanks for all the reports nonetheless, as they helped us identify the impact of the issue quickly and respond as fast as we could.

1 Like