Was the strike today/boycott today?

Because match quality has improved substantially.

1 Like

Has it? Seems to be the same for me. But I haven’t played comp today.

Chances are less than 100 people actually boycotted Blizzard games today.

6 Likes

That’s a good dogwhistle.

4 Likes

Not logging into games you’ve already paid for actually just makes Blizzard more money.

2 Likes

The Overwatch community from what i’ve seen on Reddit, the forums, and other platforms tend to dogwhistle a lot.

2 Likes

Dogwhistle for what? Saying that maybe alot of bad playets are gonne cause they wanted to boycott the game, thats their choice, and if that is true then their choice improved games, it is not a dogwhistle but a possible truth

You heard the dogwhistle, you wrote it out yourself; the only person you’re making look foolish is yourself, and any other chumbo wumbo that wants to go ‘hurdur the only people that care about sexual assault are also bad at games, wimminz am I rite guys?’ like you’re some great specimen yourself. Gross.

4 Likes

I’m just waiting for the charity skin requests to support the employees… because nothing says “I’m with you” like new cosmetics. Lol.

Correct. But taking 1 day off to shame them is worth it. The bad press lowers their stock price so I would say every bit helps.

How so? Someone still pays for the server with or without ppl on it.

3 Likes

Explain lol.
Theyre not gaining money

They don’t gain money. They just don’t lose as much, albeit just pennies on whatever hosting your small impact would be.

If they lost millions of players then they would eventually downsize their servers which would reduce the amount of money they have to spend to keep servers running. Less money spent on upkeep means more profit.

2 Likes

Elastic hosting. if no1 plays they can scale back and save costs.

I for one have boycotted Acti-Blizz games today. May do the same with McCree for a week because of the news came out.

1 Like

Yeah but that is not really gaining any money.
It is more like trying to kill the game so they can focus resources on the ones that are profitable.

1 Like

I vare about sexual harrassment, and i also know boycotting a product that you already paid for is like buying food atva restuarant and throwing it out thinking you are hurting them, they alreafy have your money

1 Like

Contradicting your words there, doesn’t really matter how many people are on the servers, they still have to pay for the servers regardless of the load, if anything, not buying microtransactions hurts them more and not playing has the same effect.

Are you daft? Profits “make” you money. This is not complicated.

Profits = Sales - Expenses

Reducing expenses increases profits thus making more money.