Was Symmetra 2.0 Saveable?

I think TP need to be ditched because it eats too much of her power budget, and instead you give her Brigitte original Repair Pack, but giving out shields instead of armor. Name it “Photon Shield” as her 1.0 ability, and call it a day.

For a memory refresher, it is a big healing burst on a short cooldown, with excess healing being given as armor that disappear after 4 seconds decaying shields.

If Blizzard decided to turn shield HP into anti-burst, like I proposed before, Symmetra would fill a really interesting niche of protecting the team squishies against snipers.

With TP out of her kit, you can start strengthening the other parts of her kit as well, like a stronger T1 beam, faster orbs (or a return of piercing), more turrets to give her warding agency back, etc.

Heck, if you consider the TP to be a core part of Symmetra as well, you can also consider moving it back into an Ultimate, and changing it so that it can be used more offensively. I keep returning the the idea that activating her ult would give her the ability to place the TP exit anywhere within a certain radius, using the UI of Doomfist ultimate to place the exit, with the entrance appearing where Symmetra is.