Was brig loved out of tracer hatred?

Was brig loved at first out of tracer hatred?

1 Like

Considering Brigitte stole my heart before we even knew she was going to be a character in game, Imma go with a no from me :tipping_hand_woman:

Yeah, she was championed as the ultimate Genji/Tracer counter in the first few days she was live. Then people got tired of her bs really quickly.

1 Like

If they called her a tank or DPS, she wouldn’t have gotten half the nerfs.

1 Like

Loved? Seems like a good majority of the people on here wants her obliterated into nothingness. People are having to actually speak up now in her defense, to keep her relatively useful against dive.
I like her. She’s annoying, but so are a lot of other characters. She’s not the only Tracer counter, but she’s a big one. These upcoming nerfs will either make(her alright for people to counterplay) or break her.

As a tank/support player, I would of quit without Brig stopping Tracer.

However, it looks like Blizzard might me quit after all.

2 Likes

Ive been playing Brigitte because:

1. I am a flex player who likes healing then tanking. Usually, when I solo queue, Moira is taken (she’s been my favorite healer since her release).

2. I used to like Mercy. But I’ve disliked her since the moment she was turned into a battlemoth and every iteration of change since that point has made her worse.

1. I love playing Ana but the team has to actually peel off of Ana and most people in solo queue will walk right past me with a Roadhog or Genji sleeping on the ground beside me. It isn’t worth the effort unless I’m playing with friends.

2. If one person has picked a tank and one person has picked a healer, the rest have picked DPS, then she’s an ok character to grab until I realize we need more tanking or more heals to opposse the other team.

I can’t say that I’ve ever switched to Brigitte to counter Tracer. Usually I switch to Symmetra, Winston, DVA, or Tracer to counter Tracer. Sometimes I’ll pick up Lucio but not too often.

As to the proposed changes to Brigitte. I’m fine with them except Im more than a little annoyed that the improvement to healing is coming through her passive/Inspire rather than an active ability like Repair Pack. I find the cooldown on Repair Pack frustratingly long.