Warning for gameplay sabotage?

So i climbed 300 SR this week with a combination of different (a lot of Torb) heros. Now i got a notification that i might get banned for gameplay sabotage??? Are you serious about this automated system telling me i did throw my way up 300 SR!?

Yeah i understand you see a pick you might not like, but why report people in the spawnroom? Is this a bad joke or is this community really so broken?

I can honestly say i will uninstall the game if you ban me for climbing in your game just because i manage to do that on heros the community might not like! No reason to switch to certain heros i can not even play just to not get reported in the spawnroom

12 Likes

It’s this. It’s a shame.

22 Likes

Someone built the system. They seem to think it was a good idea to give power to the community. So in the end they are actually turning players away. If you can get auto banned or suspended for playing hero x and actually doing good that is a problem.

6 Likes

I am not hiding my account. Open stats. Went from 2200 to 2500 and got gameplay sabotage warning…

4 Likes

Ive done the same with torb & mei.
Fun character’s now.
Just keep playing

There’s a reason why the stigma that video games are only for immature kids exists and will always exist. And I really hate it because I like video games.

1 Like

You’ve only played torb 3 times out of the last 18 games according to overbuff. So it is highly unlikely you are being reported just for playing torb. Having a look at your stats on overbuff it seems you play healer as a DPS which is likely to get your reported. Your junkrat also looks like you throw on him.

2 Likes

This is a possibility, a if op is refusing to heal a specific DPS that is sabatoge. I report healers who get mad that I one trick tracer and dint heal me even if we win. It’s easy for blizzard to see u are healing everyone but one person on ur team. It’s even more obvious if you stop healing whenever that player comes to you for heals

1 Like

Possible from 1v1 of flankers. But i do not go out to report my dps or tanks when they refuse to support me but complain about no heals while i have to fight off Winstom+Genji or Tracers and Doomfists.

I also did play a lot of Ashe. Try to stand close with supports to boop away incoming flankers.

I like the attitude that is shown by people like you. You look at generic numbers and have no clue about tue team setup and the match itself but claim i did probably not heal enough (e.g. solo healer 5 dps scenario). Somehow however what i did helped to get up >300 SR and i am currently staying there.

And still i get a warning for gameplay sabotage? It is anyway clear people like you always look for someone to blame and report them often before the match starts as there is no drawback for report spamming

2 Likes

This is true. However, if you didn’t do anything wrong, any suspension should be reversed upon review. That said, you should be very careful what you say or type in game. If you know you are drawing reports, you could find a suspension upheld just because you called someone a name once or twice.

Also, if you’re saying things like ‘gg’ at the 2 minute mark, or ‘this game is over’ or ‘I’m not trying anymore’ … anything you do that could possibly be interpreted as throwing will generate reports. Including DPS Moira and any kind of Torb. (Also many people can’t recognize a DPS Moira and completely fail to understand that she needs to deal damage to replenish her healing resource, or at least fail to understand the implications of that. It’s not like you can stop damaging the enemy as Moira unless you’re going to ACTUALLY throw.)

That said, you should probably take a hard look at your gameplay and figure out why you’re drawing so many reports and either change your play or be able to explain your play if it’s actually correct. You’ll get more wins if your team isn’t tilting, in addition to less reports.

Well. You can, and it is. I believe all such suspensions are overturned on review… but only if you have otherwise entirely been within the code of conduct. And honestly, most everyone says something unfortunate from time to time. I’m not sure if a suspension will be upheld for a couple salty chats if it was for Gameplay Sabotage and not for Abusive Chat, but, well, be careful out there.

(Edit: I should say, suspensions were upheld that way in the distant past, like Season 2, but reporting for hero select has been a problem for a long time so hopefully it’s fairer by now. The first reported-for-playing-Torb player to get his suspension overturned literally didn’t type anything in chat or say anything on voice comm for something like 3 months so that he had a rock solid defense. The thread is probably still in the old forums somewhere.)

So you didnt get warned becuse torb play. Talk about trying to get symphaty for hero choices, insted of telling why you got reported in the first place.

It doesn’t matter how well you do. The reporting system is automated. People can report you for whatever reason and as soon as you amass a certain number of reports you are automatically silenced or suspended.

And if you appeal it with Blizzard’s customer support they will “review” your case and uphold the silence or suspension.

They do not believe false reporting exists. I’ve had GMs straight up tell me so.

It’s an absolute joke and Blizzard are doing nothing about it. The inmates continue to run the asylum.

2 Likes

I don’t agree with ‘any kind of torb’. I go torb on defenses with good highgrounds/setup places when Torb is actually a legit pick. And THEN switch to other stuff like Hanzo, Widow, Tracer/Mei (to contest a defense in 2CP), what have you on attack on when the situations calls for. And I DON’T get reported for playing torb. If I play mainstream heroes and SUCK at them (eg; Widow and no picks in 3 minutes), I WILL get reported. And I fully accept that.

Let’s be honest; if you get a warning for reports, it’s VERY LIKELY you’re gettimg them because you’ve upset others in some form or another. Sticking to Torb when you’re getting destroyed by the enemy picks (eg; Widow, Pharah+Mercy, etc) and not switching to a better counter is something one tricks don’t want to admit doing despite it being the reason for the hate, and not necessarily playing Torb itself. Torb is GOOD on the right scenarios, and isn’t when the enemy knows how to counter you. And no, ‘I climbed 300 SR thefore my pick isn’t wrong’ isn’t a good reason for it. Heroes like Torb, Bastion, Sym, Reaper etc have huge values in lower tier rank because few people can/know how to counter it. One tricking said heroes will give people the illusion they’re carrying games until they reach a level where the enemy COUNTERS them HARD, and them not having any idea how to handle the situation. And then the reports comes. Losing 3 games due to refusing to switch in 10 games, still racks 3 reports despite you winning the other 7.

Tl:dr; be honest, if you’re racking reports it’s very likely there’s a good reason for it. If you’re legit winning against your natural counter people won’t report you. Don’t play the minority victim card.

Back when I mained Torb, I had an over 70% win rate after more than 100 matches one season. I was also suspended multiple times that season (back then seasons lasted a long time!) because people would report me just for picking Torb.

Didn’t matter how well I did as Torb. Didn’t matter that I back-capped 1st point on Anubis by myself as Torb. Didn’t matter that I’d have multiple gold medals in a match. I picked Torb, I got reported.

And back then it was even worse than it is now because back then Overwatch didn’t have a reporting system. Instead it was tied to the Xbox Live reputation system.

When my rep dropped to “Avoid Me” from the reports I’d gotten I was blocked from matchmaking at all in Overwatch. I’d have to play other games like Battlefield 4 and World of Tanks that weren’t tied to the rep system in order to increase my rep.

Once it was back to “Needs Work” I could matchmake in Overwatch again, but then it’d just be a few reports and my rep would drop to “Avoid Me” again and the cycle would repeat.

Of course, Blizzard’s customer “support” were far from supportive. It got to the point where I ended up playing less and less because I was sick of the suspensions just for playing one of my favourite heroes.

Nowadays it’s not much better. Still getting reported for playing Torb. I’ve even had reports before the spawn doors even opened!

So long as Blizzard continues to let this toxic community police themselves, false reporting and wrongful silences/suspensions will continue to be a thing, and Blizzard’s customer “support” will do nothing about it.

3 Likes

dude what the heck? that sounds horrible. Though as a torb main, i can relate to receiving reports just for being torb no matter how good i do

5 Likes

How do you know you don’t get reported for playing Torb? Just because the number of reports you receive is below the threshold to receive a warning or an action?

To be sure, that’s an unfair question. Answer is obviously ‘yes’. You don’t know if you’ve been reported or not until you pass the threshold to receive a warning. But also, it’s unfair of you to assert that you ‘don’t get reported’. You don’t know if you’ve been reported or not, you only know you don’t have enough reports for an automatic action. That doesn’t mean you don’t get reports.

And honestly, who are you to say that you play Torb only when he is “actually a legit pick”. Are you a top 500 Torb main? For ages it was claimed that Widow and Bastion were troll picks on attack and only good on defense, but today the ‘common knowledge’ is precisely the reverse.

In any case, it’s every player’s right to pick and play whatever hero they want. Blizzard has made it quite clear that playing any given hero is never an actionable offense and should never be reported. Of course, Blizzard’s own report system also means that if you get enough reports for playing an out-of-meta hero you’ll still be automatically suspended and scrutinized on review for any and every “offense” that you may have commited.

I’m not taking a side either way whether the OP has or hasn’t commited other offenses that warrant reports, but I am certainly taking a side that people are reported just for playing a particular hero and that that is not right and should not be actioned. (But of course it is actioned because number of reports is the fundamental Blizzard standard).

You don’t know that there isn’t a good way to play any particular hero on attack, or on defense, or whatever… you only assume that because ‘common knowledge’.

That’s not to say I endorse throwing, but seriously, you can throw as any hero. You can pick the MOST meta hero and just never stand on the point and keep exposing yourself to enemy fire. Hero pick and throwing are completely unrelated issues.

3 Likes

I don’t assume anything. If you’re sticking to a torb when a Pharmercy is constantly farming you and your turret, and you refuse to give the DPS slot to someone who can actually play Hitscan to counter the Pharah, I AM going to report you. If you can constantly land 5head aerial shots or place your turrets so amazingly that restricts the Pharah’s movement, I AM going to commend you for it. I don’t care if you’re playing Torb, Junk Widow, Hanzo, or any other stuff, what I do care is if you refuse to switch when you’re getting countered,- and that goes to any other hero not just Torb or other ‘off meta’ heroes. You act as if only off meta heroes get reported. EVERYONE sticking to something that doesn’t work gets reported. A Mercy-less Pharah getting farmed by torb turret is just as bad as a torb getting farmed by a Widow.

Don’t like my stance on this? Too bad, people judge, and you will get judged by others. That’s how society works. Kids now so easily want to blame the system and the community, when it IS THEM running the community. You ARE the community, don’t pretend you’re in this imaginary special circle that is getting shunned by the ‘majority’. You are not special because of the hero you play. Want to prove me wrong? Go ahead with your hero and reach t500.

Refusing to switch hero is not a reportable offense. There are no exceptions or subjective criterias in the report description. The description says it’s not reportable, period. You’re false reporting.

Rules in OW is not made by democratic vote. Blizzard established the rules, and you are to abide by them. You can voice your opinion, but you are not allowed to ignore or change the rules.

Every hero has been one-tricked into T500.

2 Likes

Yeah sure. If you don’t like getting suspended for MULTIPLE reports from MULTIPLE people with MULTIPLE opinions, you stick with your opinions. As long as the system stays as it is, people are gonna keep doing what they believe is right.

Oh now you talk about Blizz being the solitary body of power, when I see as many complaints about Blizz’s ‘lack of attention’ to certain heroes. So which is right? Are we supposed to obey Blizz no matter how flawed their system is or what? Don’t be a hypocrite.

If you believe you are being falsely reported you simply dispute the ban and you will get unsuspended.

Poor reading comprehension. YOU people who complain about getting unfair reports do it, not some streamer idol who doesn’t have any relevance to how much enjoyment you’re getting from the game. My point is prove people wrong with YOUR OWN actions, not by parroting and self patting each other.