> Wants to Play OW today . .

its simple. THE SLAVE SAW FREEDOMMMMM and they dont want to come back.

1 Like
  1. You can still play Quick Play Classic on the Arcade. It will be there forever, the matchmaking is the same it has always been and you can even get rewarded with loot boxes for playing it.

2. Nobody is forcing you to play DPS. Try learning other heroes from other roles if you want to have faster queue times in Competitive. If not, then you’ll unfortunately have to play the price.

3. 2/2/2 role - queue is not going away. They have need developing this system for one whole year and have probably put tens of thousands of dollars into this project and they’re not gonna revert it just because of the complaints coming from the overwhelming minority of players.

The problem is role specific SR. If you’re close to a new rank on DPS, playing tank or support won’t let you climb that SR.

You got a source to back that up?

I’m a flex player. Get on my level.

Nothing lasts forever.

The season is long enough for climbing.

According to WyomingMist, an official Forum MVP at NEWS: Arcade Menu to get SEVEN modes soon / Quick Play Classic Permanent & Achievements :

Why are you complaining then?

Oh, trust me, 2/2/2 role - lock will, or it’s gonna be a huge waste of money and recourses…

And really according to the developers themselves the reaction to 2/2/2 role - queue has been “overwhelmingly positive” so far, which also indicates that they have no reason to change the system as well.

1 Like

No, it’s not. It’s a gutted version of QP with about 1/4 the original players. Where you were mad at your 5 dps before, well now it really is a 6v6 Team Deathmatch. So whenever someone says “Go to the arcade and try QP Classic” let me tell you. I have, and it’s terrible, worse than before. So now I have the option to play 222QP which i dislike, or QP Classic, which is ruined even further. I ended up with 2 game modes I like less than the original.

It probably will be a huge waste then, because a portion of new players that want to play a DPS character must wait a long queue will probably leave and play something different.

Its gaming simplicity at its best. Can’t play a game? Don’t play it!

True, they could go ahead and pick a tank or support. Problem is, restriction will still be too much an issue because some tanks aren’t viable in some metas. The same with supports. And it’ll get boring, because the DPS roster outnumbers both tanks and supports combined.

Take note the target audience is teenagers and up. If they can’t play their game… they’ll leave.

I don’t know what to tell you. I and many others have ended up with a new version of the game that we love. They’ve put enough time into 2-2-2 and enough people love it that a revert is not going to happen. I would have gladly preferred we don’t get 2-2-2 if players were more responsible. This all could have been avoided if the community was more mature.

But all the “I’m okay with 10 minute queues if it means I get a balanced game” comments. And yeah, you sure get a “balanced” game now, DPS mains queueing as support just to get a shorter queue and going off DPSing as Moira or Lucio.

This is Jeff, he only listens to OWL and Top 500. All those peasants in QP don’t matter.

No, you don’t have to remove it, just make it so when you clicl QP three new windows pop up: “Role QP”, “Non-role QP” and “No Limits QP”. Get all the incarnations of QP there ever were, let people choose and don’t alienate any new/returning players on the Switch by making them guess there’s some “Classic” in the Arcade. We have the technology to code that, cause we got three windows for selecting roles pop up, so what’s the reason for not doing this?

1 Like

Again, I’m gonna say that according to the devs the reaction to 2/2/2 role - queue so far has been “overwhelmingly positive”…

Your speculations are logical, but it’s still a speculation, which is apparently disproven by what the developers themselves are saying…

You remember what the Devs stated after they reworked Mercy?

They deemed it a “complete success”. What’s funny is, they nerfed her EVEN AFTER THAT, totaling ELEVEN nerfs on her.

Would you call that success? Or perhaps a big fat lie? Or maybe catering to the whiners?

They have a tendency to run their mouths a bit too much. There is a good reason why they don’t respond to the forums. Yet both the forum and streaming community are crying tears of blood for their beloved heroes.

If you ask me, they’re butchering the community with a steak knife, and using a small bandage to heal it.

2 Likes

God I am so tired of seeing people tell DPS mains to play tank or support if they want shorter queues.
Have you ever considered that they don’t want to. They have all the right to have their god damn fun in a game with heroes they enjoy. RQ is spitting on that, especially in Quick Play.

2 Likes

Well, you are telling them to **** off by stating what you did. You are saying they should not play the basic parts of the game (QP and Competitive) and just settle for something else.

I have been a flex player since the Release and I have like 2h max each day to play. I have played so much Tank and Support during the beta + this season that I am absolutely sick of it. However, I cannot play DPS because I don’t want to sit in the que for 1h 20min and actually only play 40 min.

Doesn’t really have a big effect. The wait time is still almost as long as the regular DPS que time. It maybe cuts it by a minute, not more

It was not used because it was a bad, and if it is bad, it is the fault of the system.

5 dps mode seems more of a jaimlode than 222.
The reason 222 is even a thing is because ppl can’t even make proper team comp.

lol we have for 3 years now…thats was one of the problems. In QP the tanks and supports didn’t want to have Your fun so when the first chance for them to leave they took it and most wont go back. Im so sorry now that most flex tanks and supports arnt with ''ITS just QP, theirs nothing wrong with 4 dps I’v won one time in my life with this comp" and the other nonsense that came with it.

1 Like

Actually, I’m a support and tank main and I am sick of this superiority complex y’all have. It’s not their damn fault that the game has too many DPS and that they enjoy that class more than others. I am sick and tired of it and I can’t understand how you can take yourselves so serious.

Yup.

I was doing some testing, the other day, just to see how quick QPC was vs New QP. And, it’s honestly insane, especially for DPS.

There were times that the DPS queue would take me 10 minutes and I could get into a quick play classic match in less than 1. I know some people have this “quality over quanity” ideal, that they like to preach, but when you have to wait 10 times longer for something, I think that’s pretty ridiculous.

Also, the ironic part is, I’m getting a lot of 222 in QPC. The reason is, despite what the forums think, not every person who hates Role Q is some “salty DPS Main”. There are tank players that don’t like it, there are support players that don’t like it, and there are fill/flex players (like myself) that dont like it.

So, a lot of us went to QPC. And, we can get matches, in a reasonable amount of time. And, we have the ability to run everything from 222 to various 321/123 comps to 141 to whatever, if we so choose.

Honestly, I’ve always been a big advocate of player choice and freedom, so I’m glad that we still have that game mode. It’s a shame that we don’t have a competitive mode similar to it though (like how pre-222 Comp functioned).

QP classic

1 Like