Want to climb out of silver

Can someone review my gameplay and give me some tips?

Replay code X74BWE

2 Likes

I’m not the best one to do this, but let’s roll anyways.

The biggest mistakes I’ve noticed are positioning. You keep trying to close the distance whhen you could’ve easily kept a good and safe angle. That was the biggest cause of your deaths - Ashe shouldn’t normally get killed by Reaper or aggro Rammatra, esp in this elo.
Another thing about your position is that you ignore highgrounds. That only Reaper kill on you could’ve easily been avoided had you coached to the bridge HG.

Then, abilities. You are rather conservative with your dynamite - it gets big value even if it burns just one enemy, it’s Ashe’s main ult builder, spam it on CD if you can!

Speaking of ults, your Bobs weren’t awful, but neither that great. You’ve held onto the first one for too long, you should’ve coached in the air and drop him right as the enemy crossed the arch. Second Bob was an overreaction - the enemy’s been just two, killing Ana would’ve sent them straight back to regroup. Third Bob you shouldn’t have targeted onto the Reaper - I believe that was an attempt to counter blossom, but coach is much better at it; also, that blossom was a waste. Instead, you should’ve dropped it to the left of the bot, so that Bob could’ve had a view of the entire central strip - it would’ve put great pressure on their squishies, since their tank was away from them.

Your coach gun usage was p good (apart from that Reaper moment).

Overall, positioning is what I believe drags you down. Work on it, and I’m pretty certain you’ll climb.

2 Likes

Ranks don’t matter. Your skill is completely separate to your rank. We know, it makes no sense, but that’s how it works. Ignoring your rank is better for your health.

1 Like

Ill watch and see if I can spot anything that might help. Im ELO hell wood tier though so… No actually I have no Fn idea what rank thanks to MMR. I was high plat in OW1 lol support tank, high gold DPS (didnt play much)

First thought youre pushing up too far at times. On Ashe you can play much farther back most of the time and save coach gun for flankers that may dive you. Good use of the map for cover at times, be more aware of how far you stray from a safe place to duck out.

when you got killed by the Moira that was bad positioning. Not terrible, but if you were say 20 meter back you may have been able to get away or knock her back buying you a few seconds.

Good awareness not running back in right away and staying on high ground. The only thing id say is wait the extra few seconds for respawn so there’s less likelihood of you getting stagger picked. If you got picked on the bridge would have been very bad for your team.

But you did put pressure on the supports which good play! The death unfortunate though. You did try and use map cover though so again, good try!

At 4:20 lol… Youre whole team should have regrouped for that push. Thats not on you that was more on your Orisa not being away you guys were at a numbers disadvantage.

Know when the fights not good to take! Know when to run away cause its lost! Be aware when the numbers arent in your favor and regroup. This comes with time. Eventually youll just know.

A few times you and the other DPS were fighting a 2 v 5 in those cases run away, jump off the map. Synch back up with the team cause a numbers disadvantage will almost always be a lost fight.

Dynamite use seems fine for the rank. Aim seems fine for gold, better than ive seen with other silver players. You weren’t playing poorly for the rank. No mind blowingly bad errors.

What I would have done was pick a different hero in this case. You played well but the composition wasnt there. I would have gone with either Mei or Junk, possibly even a soldier. Mei for her utility survivability against the reaper, soldier for more consistent damage output and direct burst damage, or junk for the ridiculous spam damage.

In all honestly id say it was more of a composition issue than anything with this match

que down for the day when you get 1 sided matches 2 twice in a row

1 Like

I haven’t seen the vod yet but I’ll like to commend you for taking the best approach to getting better at the game.

Good on you for not whining and crying about things out of your control.
I will add my review shortly king/queen

2 Likes

First off good aim for silver and good target priority.

Two issues that if fixed will see you have more impact in games:

1. Positioning:
    Most of your deaths were due to poor positioning (same for your whole team). Where you want to be depends on who you’re playing and the situation in the match.

For Ashe keep your distance, play highgrounds. When the enemy moves forward move back, when your team has the advantage move forward.

1. Cooldown usage:
    Your abilities are resources to enable you in the fight. Dynamite is a good tool to pressure that are enemies out of you LOS and good for building ult charge.
    Coach gun is your “escape”. Use it to access high ground before a fight or to fight of a flanker. It won’t save you if you are being chased down by a tank.

Think about the above and practice in quick play to see if you die less and have more impact in team fights.

1 Like

Although I haven’t played her much in OW2 I did climb an Ashe acct to gold in OW2. This is my opinion from watching your game:

• You are holding and wasting dynamite. Keep them rolling, multiple target, preferably the backline (burning enemy healers distracts them more than you might think). Charge bob faster.
  • Target priority has lots of room for improvement. You are shooting into tanks that no one else is focusing, it does close to nothing. When you send in the second bob, enemy bap answers with a lamp. You need to shoot it, instead you are focusing the tank again. I think your target priority is simply to shoot the easiest target to hit.
  • Bob timing. Your first and third bob is sent in front of the enemies who are on high ground. No value. Wait until the enemy team is fully engaged and distracted - send him preferably to their backline like your second bob. Once you send him in (and also just before) your priority should be on suppressing enemy sleep dart, ice wall, lamp etc. to max out his value. BTW the matchmaking engine has you mirrored by an enemy Ashe who wastes bob in the same way that you do. If you are often mirrored like this then you are hard stuck.
  • Reload management. Again your urge to pump everything into the enemy tank several times leaves you reloading during better opportunities.
  • Positioning. Way too often you are playing a 360 game with enemies all around you. You can blame the map for some of it as it is a great flanker map and way better for hypermobile heroes than Ashe. But you don’t distance yourself nor retreat much and there also occasions when you walk past flankers - even one time where you look sideways at a flanking enemy while you keep walking forward and finding yourself walking right in the arms of the enemy tank. It’s like watching a horror movie where ppl walk backwards into the monster.
  • AIM actually looks pretty good. On a few occasions you land a chain of good head shots on non tank targets. It’s just that overall your positioning and target priority hold you back from having more high value kills.

Ashe is very sensitive to the map and the performance of the tank, so it’s not easy to assess from one game but still I think you are hard stuck in silver.

Your aim is good enough for Gold rank, but dynamite, target priority, positioning, bob timing are all Bronze-Silver rank. Good news is that they are easier to fix than Aim.