Wait, so where'd our fps go?

only since this patch just got released my fps has been garbage. about 10 less than usual and complete freezing for a few seconds every 5 seconds or so.

i’m not the only one with this problem either. i asked a bunch of other people in games and they have the exact same problem

unlucky unoptomized patch?

1 Like

they got sick of us complaining about nothing so they gave us something to really cry about

2 Likes

Hey there, there have been some some reports from some users since the patch. As a precaution I do encourage quickly going through these common steps first:

If that does not work, do consider sharing a DxDiag file as this will help Blizzard or Forums MVPs help find any specific issues (whether it be system related or to the game client).

1. Press Windows Key + R.
  2. Type DxDiag and press Enter.
  3. In the DxDiag window, click Save All Information.
  4. Name the file “dxdiag” and click Save.
  5. Open the file in Windows Notepad, then press Ctrl+A to select all text, then Ctrl+C to copy all text to the clipboard.
  6. Start a new reply, and type two sets of four squiggly lines and then place the cursor in between and press Ctrl+V to paste the Contents in a code block. Example:

~~~~
Paste your DxDiag File Here
~~~~

Most importantly, please move this topic to Technical Support. Click on the Pencil icon on your starting post and change the category from General Discussion to Technical Support. This makes sure the right people are seeing it.

1 Like

Same on console as of now also Wyoming

Can confirm on PS4 at the very least

2 Likes

I understand, for consoles the best I can recommend is uninstall and reinstall the game client to see if that helps. Not to say something is up with the latest patch, but any troubleshooting can help isolate possible issues involving that patch.

Feels like a memory leak or something. Longer I play the more chances it comes back. Restarting the game sorts it but it comes back.

1 Like

Hey, all!

We will be tracking the issue in this thread here:

Thanks for the reports so far. I will be locking this thread so we can focus the conversation to that thread.

1 Like