Wait are OW2 balance patches taking longer than usual,

And why? what’s the point of having these balance patches take so long, there excuse is so that they can wait for META to settle bit once that happens why not just implement the patch pronto once it has, it doesnt take long at all for METAs to form and for plauers to find out what’s good and whats not, especially, when it’s OBV what’s Meta. and why have OWL have it ahead of time? what’s the point of that? and most importantly, what about balance issues that weren’t solved in the balance, this balance patch isn’t buffing Doom even though he clearly needs it, why wait till the next balance patch, same thing for Soujurn, these characters clear as day needs changes and everyone has known it for weeks, so why wait?

1 Like

Better to have the balance be stable for a while rather than constantly changing it.

Because the system they used for faster balance changes broke, in the transition to OW2. But should be fixed by December 6th.

Bill Warnecke, Why Hotfix Balance Patching took till Dec 12

3 Likes

Sure if what needs to be changed is hard to tell, but like for rn, it’s clear
Doom weak
Soujurn OP
why wait for another schudled balance patch to see those issues resolved

1 Like

I’d argue they have this precious window of time where OWL is on hiatus for about 4 months, to focus on fixing queue times by redesigning what the Support Role should be in a 5v5 context.

And that means they should be balancing much more quickly, in a far more “risky” way, considering from an OWL perspective, this is a very “low risk” time period.

1 Like

Lol. There’s a small handful of heroes dominating everything.

There is no balance and it should have been emergency patched over a month ago.

2 Likes

I’ll say i don’t want a LoL balance philosophy where they make balance changes just to spice things up, that’s what new heroes and content is for, But i do want them to Focus on making every character as viable as they can be for every rank, and to make it so each character has the same amount of value in a team regardless of meta or skill ceiling

1 Like

OW2 was a rushjob. This is on them, as is usual.

Apparently something in the backend broke and they’re fixing it on Dec. 6, and they said hopefully after that patches can be more frequent.

Well yeah, I’m pretty well aware of that. I wrote this 2 weeks before the PVP Beta was announced. Which was 1 week before a Blizzard conference with OWL Team Owners. As far as I can tell, the only reason a PVP Beta exists is because those OWL Team Owners demanded it.

[OW2] Balance Design Blueprint

And yeah, there are probably reasons for that rushed scheduling

Overwatch 2 Producer Says Bobby Kotick Cost The Team Months Of Development

1 Like

I don’t mind waiting if the patch is worth it.

Waiting weeks for 3 adjustments gonna lead the game to its death, just like OW1. If they release massive patches like MOBAs and Fighting games do for each season, I don’t mind the time.