VPN connections blocked now?

whoosh happens to the best of us :smile:

Oh was that meant to someone else? I told you a VPN is only good for hiding your activity, lol.

not just from your isp…

a firewall wont safe you from a attacker

but go off i guess

1 Like

From a attacker? lol. …

A VPN DEFINITELY won’t.

but go off.

Go learn about computers kid lol. I don’t know why I’m even bothering responding to you.

i am asking myself the same question, better we stop it here. there is no point.

I as a difference never cliamed one of them makes you safe.

1 Like

Anyone that uses wireshark…rofl.

Have a good day.

yep have a good day. lmao
i actually have a laugh flash

Just tried logging in on a VPN, one that they probably would’ve caught if they tried blanket banning all VPNs, worked just fine.
Just want to make sure, did you

• Make sure you can still log in on your home internet connection
  • Make sure you tried to log in on different ip addresses from your VPN

Most ISPs give residencies dynamic ip addresses. If ip banning meant anything you wouldn’t need to give a phone number to install the game

1 Like

Quick update!
I can now play Overwatch on my VPN! Looks like they finally fixed the issue on their side but not entirely…

I still have to pause the VPN to login to the forums (which I didn’t need to do before).
But I can post on the forums while connected to it… go figure. :slight_smile:

Unblocked in Overwatch.
Still blocked in the forums login. XD

Anyways thanks for the feedback and until the next interruption.
gg

A VPN service does not provide you with any additional security.
It’s just marketing. :moneybag:

lol 20 char and a half

The issue with that is many people VPN for unfair advantages in games. Dead by Daylight has a really bad VPN problem, for example. The game attempts to favor the killer’s PoV (and they have really slow, unresponsive servers), so if a killer uses a VPN, you’re going to be hit as the survivor from miles away and there’s no counterplay. People do this on purpose.

While I understand wanting to be more secure online, it also ruins gaming for many others when people use it for unintended purposes, like VPNing to another country.

1 Like

I don’t know about other people, but since it only adds like 8 ms to my ping, I don’t use it for gaming advantage.

And again, the question was : Did they block my VPN?
The answer is YES and they reverted it. Was it voluntairy or not? We will probably never know. :slight_smile:

If you are interested in introducing some jitter or packet loss or getting higher latency, check out “clumsy”, it’s free.
I’m not sure if this is cheating, as Blizzard would argue that their netcode is perfectly fine and therefore you can’t gain an advantage by doing this.

Nope. Hard pass for me.

I understand that for you, it doesn’t really affect your gaming experience or the experience of others, but I was explaining why some gaming companies might not be allowing VPNs. I honestly have no idea if VPNs are intentionally getting blocked from some games/devs, but explained why if they are.

It wasn’t to argue with you or say you’re wrong or shouldn’t be allowed to! I was just giving a possible reason why it might’ve been blocked, but it sounds like it was an error! :blush:

1 Like

Tried it about 2 weeks ago no problems. I was using exitlag, tried to connect to NA from Australia…ended up connecting to EU with 230ms latency. I probably didn’t set it up correctly. I was too lazy so eventually gave up.

I should’ve tried connecting to Asia server though, which usually only has ~180ms latency when connecting from Australia. 180ms is still a playable latency, the game only starts becoming unplayable when you start going over 200ms.

I also tried connecting to my own region using exitlag, which worked as well and ended up cutting the latency by around ~5ms compared to not using any VPN.

As for why I was using VPN in the first place? One, to cut down on latency which is what exitlag is advertised to do. And two, because I was playing past mid-night and couldn’t find anyone to play against in my own region. Every game took between 9 - 18 minutes to find on the DPS role. We literally have 10x less population than NA, so our playerbase is quite small to say the least.

We good bro, we good. I knew what you meant. :slight_smile:
I was just trying to reassure people that I didn’t commit the VPN crime and use lag as an advantage. :slight_smile:

All good now…they reopened the gates for me. :innocent:

1 Like