VPN connections blocked now?

Thx Paw.
I got rotating IPs so it’s never the same.
Possible they blocked my VPN provider.
That’s what I’d like to know because I’ve reinstalled and verified every installation of everything on my side and it still is blocked. :frowning:

Disco: yeah, I’ve read about that. They don’t care much about privacy and security.

called lag switching to delay your client and hit registrations

There maybe an additional 5-8 ms added by the VPN.
So it’s not toying with my ping…
It’s just for security.

1 Like

Why are you using a VPN though in the first place?

1 Like

probably saw one too many NORDVPN commercials and reached for the tin foil

5 Likes

Because the region selector has not worked for 2 years now, they removed it when they added PC/Console crossplay

When you queue for a match without VPN it will just shove you on the closest region even if you select a different region from the drop down menu

They also said 2 years ago they were looking into adding a way for us to be able to choose the region we wanted to queue (another lie)

Never happened, still waiting.

3 Likes

Will also be necessary for regions like china/iran/russia, but also why blizzard will be so aggressive in shutting down known VPN IP addresses.

Very funny. :slight_smile:
I use a VPN for security.
You might not be aware of how easy it is for someone to hack your computer… if you have never been hacked (and or identity stolen) it is pure luck. There are so many people on Earth. But by not having a VPN, it’s like your house with the doors unlocked. :slight_smile:
In 10 to 15 years, it will be mandatory for any secure browsing.

Moira: thx for the post, but it’s old news. My problem started to occur yesterday.

2 Likes

If they do an IP ban, they want it to matter. Thats the main reason: to stop people from using a VPN and just make a new account to cheat or sabotage the game.

Its unfortunate, but I understand why they do it.

Why would you NOT want this?

Have you ever heard of antivirus software? lol.

And most computers nowadays come with some sort of firewalls, which are actually extremely effective. VPN’s are pretty much unnecessary, unless you are doing something like downloading torrents.

2 Likes

Some people are forced into ME servers with higher ping also queue times are longer etc.

Also I know people in SA servers who use VPN for NA as SA server is really bad for GM/T500

So people have their reasons

My reason is, I have Jamaican friends and they get 45ping on USA servers, but when I join their group, it puts our whole group on EUR servers just because I have the lowest ping for a server, so then I force everyone else in the group to have high ping. My whole life I play NA servers for any online games I have played.

2 Likes

just tried exitlag and its working. no probs on this end.

oce servers are dead outside of QP, which is why I use vpn to play FFA and arcade.

1 Like

why does it matter lol

2 Likes

Antiviruses are a joke to good hackers.
Windows firewall (and most that come with your antivirus) are useless against a good hacker.

VPN are essential for good computer security.

The question is not why or if I use one, the question is: did they just BLOCKED VPNs. :slight_smile:

1 Like

No, rofl.

No, rofl.

F no, rofl.

Shrug, I don’t know. Because using a VPN is pretty much pointless, unless you are trying to hide your activity from your ISP. Or to “log in” from a different area.

someone has actually no idea but pretends to have all the Knowledge. its actually funny thanks for the morning laugh.

use wireshark and then use a vpn while tracking your traffic. uhm what why do i no longer see the traffic? magic?

1 Like

Because it’s routed through the VPN?

Did you even read this sentence

The irony.

whoosh happens to the best of us :smile:

Oh was that meant to someone else? I told you a VPN is only good for hiding your activity, lol.

not just from your isp…

a firewall wont safe you from a attacker

but go off i guess

1 Like