Volskaya War Memorial

This has been on my mind for a while, not really sitting well.
So I get that it’s supposed to display the brave Russian people defending their home against the Omincs, very similar to WWII/Great Patriotic War memorials. So why are the omincs present? And in an equally heroic/intimidating pose? They shouldn’t be present at all, or should in a defeated position. They definitely shouldn’t be half the memorial.

It would be like George Washington crossing the Delaware has the British on the side of the picture waiting for him. Or the Iwo Jima flag raising statue having a Japanese battleship on the horizon somewhere. History shows, one doesn’t glorify the enemy, so what’s the deal?

If I had to guess it might be because they want the people of Russia to remember the omnics as “dangerous” and “threatening”.

So, putting the Bastions in a combat-ready stance will show the people that the omnics were powerful and scary

That’s just my guess though lol

Honestly annoying how Fictional Russian Aesthetics always seem to be based on soviet stuff. The story takes place in the 2070ies, but Russia still has to give strong Soviet vibes.

1 Like

You mean like the actual russian leadership? :wink:

1 Like

Sure, let’s make an effort to remind Russian players that their leadership is terrible and that the USSR is all their culture has to offer the world.
What was that about Oasis and not portraying the Middle East as a war-torn hole, like in a lot of other media, again? What was that about hopeful future? Yeah, no, sorry, Fictional Russia has to be USSR-based, always, every time, there is absolutely nothing the langerst country on Earth can offer besides a bunch of war memorabilias and propaganda-esque posters with slogans about “Strength!” and “Motherland!”.