Voice chat not working xbox (ban?)

I recently received a 24 hour voice chat ban from Xbox for telling someone that was throwing that they were “…f****** garbage”. The Xbox voice chat ban has been lifted, but now my voice chat does not work in OW. When I am in a group and select someone to see if they are muted, the mute line is checked and I cannot un check it. If I am voicebanned, is there any way to find out for how long or is this caused by something else.

Thank you

I believe the rules still apply in console versions and you would see the following message in the text message dialog area if you were silenced in Overwatch. (When you first log into the game.)

http://www.mystgraphics.com/OverwatchForumImages/accountsilenced.png

That being said, check your e-mail associated with your BattleNet account to see if there is any account actions against you. Any such message would come from noreply@blizzard.com Please note, any such e-mails will only be received if your console account and BattleNet account are linked.

If you believe you are not silenced, then move onto technical troubleshooting by checking this guide (while it is intended mostly for PC some steps do apply for console users):

I hope those steps help and always remember, Play nice, play fair!