Voice chat needs to be compulsory for competitive

Yes, yes, yes, yes and yes.

1 Like

totally agree on this. I don’t know if I would consider myself to have serious emotional problems, but I honestly can’t handle it if someone starts to criticise me, I’ll get tilted immediately and that’s basically the end of my game. I get really invested in games and it will really make me down for some time afterwards if some random gives me some abuse, I’d rather just avoid all that entirely.

Since starting playing OW, I’ve had the odd nice experience where after a game someone messaged me on PS4 to say thanks for the good game, or give me some compliment about my play etc, but it’s more common that someone looks to say something bad about you or give you abuse. Even from QP games!

With all do respect I disagree that the Z key or whatever console has is a replacement for coordinating attacks and ults. You need the “can you see me” if nano blade is in question or “I’m gonna go here” “I’m just gonna bait this guy” “I’m doing it in 3 seconds”

Just using voicelines tells you nothing in particular other than you have ult. But when and how you use it and coordinate is a different thing.

Lel, I know nothing about console otehr than “come to pc, it’s a better game” XP

Voice chat is the worst thing that ever happened to online gaming. I dont want to hear your voice unless you sound like soldier when you’re playing soldier, tracer when you’re playing tracer, etc. I’d rather play with the volume completely off. This is a video game. I’m not getting paid to listen to you or follow your directions. The good news? I can still enjoy this game without having to listen to any of it.

5 Likes

I don’t want to go into this too deeply cause handling such people is a complicated social and mental work in order to build immunity for them so I’ll put it this way:

If abusive teammates make you leave voice entirely instead of you muting said persons. They win.
Don’t let them win, of they are abusive in voice then they are too pathetic to be worth anyones tilt.

1 Like

I know it’s not a replacement for those things. I didn’t mean it was, I was just disagreeing with you above when you told someone they were a bad team mate, and giving examples of how that’s not the case just because you’re not in the chat.

I know there’s value in using comms, but I’m just arguing that the value is far outweighed by the negatives, at least for me personally and in solo Q.

Playing with a stack for sure, it’s essential and very powerful. Like I said, I do/did play with mates sometimes, and I know how effective it can be. But even then I wouldn’t perform at my best simply because it’s too distracting to have constant noise in my ears on top of the game. Maybe that’s just because I’m old and didn’t grow up playing games online :man_shrugging:

Anyway, I see your points, but just disagree that forcing voice chat would be good or even work.

1 Like

You do have a point there, but then again shotcalling is super bad when someone is speaking too much. Less is more when voice comms are in question. I even sometimes mute people who aren’t persay “bad teammates” but talk so much in voice they distract me.

Also the higher up you go in ranks, the different voice comms are. Cuz at that point people know not to distract or say things that aren’t of apsolute importance. Comms are a skill no question.

2 Likes

I didnt want to offend anyone by using words "serious emotional "problems btw, i just didnt know how to write it better because my english suck. But i think you understood how i ment it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

that’s cool, I was only referring to your point to make another point :slight_smile:

You assume everyone is just like you and plays for the same reasons. How very selfish of you.

Its a game.

If they don’t want to even risk getting tilted they don’t have to.

These suggestions of muting people after they have tilted you at times defeats the purpose of not allpwing yourself to get tilted in the first place.

I m not saying people dont have different reasons to play comp, but honestly only reason why anyone should be playing competitive team game should be to win games /climb/get better and cooperate/talk with your team. You dont have to play team mp game if you dont want deal with other people in your team. If you like solitude and silence and do your own thing, comp mp games is maybe not for you. Not talking exactly about you exclusively, just in general.

If i want single player experience i can play idk wolfenstain or fallout 4. If i want team play, find maybe new friends , and share funny moments with other people, i play mp game. Its weird for me to hear how people want to separate themself from others in multiplayer team game. Maybe i am just dufferent, idk…

They can play comp without voice if they want. They aren’t harming anyone. Its not overwatch league. Its comp.

1 Like

You really shouldn’t be playing Competitive then, as it requires people to work together as a team to complete the objective.

In fact, the majority of game modes require people to work together as a team to complete the objective.

You should probably just stick to the Workshop.

If your 5 stack with you as solo q player cant hear your call about reaper behind and die to his ult seconds later and lose the game because of it, they kind of harm you. They are making you lose the game just because of that. And you cant do anything about it. In momemnts like these i see these peopke as throwers becsuse they are chosing to not be in voice.

This may surprise you, but I actually do try my very best when I play. I am very competitive. I understand some players disapprove of my play style, but at the end of the day its personal SR. Thats what we are competing for. We aren’t in a tournament with any grand prize, so I sincerely apologize if you think that I am detriment to our team, but some things are more important than winning, especially in a video game.

1 Like

Its just making me sad to lose games from simple reason as people not being in voice chat you know? I understand why some individuals have very personal reasons for thst, but it just suck.

You aren’t losing because of that simple reason.

Focus on yourself.

1 Like

That is very likely not the only reason, imo.

Yes i am and i was many times. Many games were lost bevause people could not listen important calls. If i am mercy and reaper is going to ult team from behind i can play like top1 player but if they wont hear my call, result will be same. Lost game. Focusing on yourself will not help you at all. You can play perfect game and still lose because of others.