Voice chat Error [-1002]

I am just sickened by this. I wrote to the tech support for about 4 times by now and still this cant be fixed. I have been playing this game since the release of overwatch. But since ov2 came out my vc has been broken. I cant join the voice chat, cant hear the team as well cant speak myself. I tried everything, even connecting to my mobile data. Still didnt work. I also can send my voice chat logs if its helpful. Pls i hope i am not the only one and that this issue can be fixed by you, the playerbase and not this incompetent team of support.

Well, where’s the data? Can you post the error log, DxDiag, and MSInfo on Pastebin.com and link here?

my MSInfo file is to big for pastebin

I don’t see this device connected by USB, so I’m guessing you’re using a Bluetooth adapter?

i use a new headset, since i thought the problem persisted because of the headset. Now i am using a bluetooth device instead of a connected one.

I don’t understand what you’re explaining. Is the problem resolved? Which headset had a problem?

no the problem is still not resolved and idk what causes it and how to fix it. I had a wired headset when it all started and now i have a wireless one and the problem still persists.

Had this problem some time after OW2 launched and no matter what i tried couldnt fix it since then. Never had this problem before in OW or OW2, kinda just gave up on it. Only thing i havent really tried is a fresh install of windows. If you find an solution pls share it, ty.

quick update i fixed the Error [-1002] but now i have the Error [5046].

I can’t speak on what was happening with the other headset, but as that link I shared explains, Bluetooth doesn’t have enough sound channels to support game sounds and voice chat on PC.

I tried giving my friend my account to see if the issue is lying in the account, however it worked for him just fine. I dont know where the issue lies in.
I even turned off IPv6 in my network settings
Any solutions? I now know that the problem is in my Pc. I just dont know what

i have the same issue i need help

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.