Voice chat broken?

We were playing with a group in Overwatch on PC. There seems to be some sort of issue when trying to join voice chat. The game shows I am in the voice channel, but there is a mic with a line through it behind my name. I don’t hear anyone else and they can’t hear me. After clicking the leave/join chat button a bunch of times you eventually can get in.

The same happens for team chat as well as group chat. It is pretty bad when you join a comp game and you can’t get on the chat. My wife was playing next to me and she is having similar issues, same with some of the people in our group… Anyone else have problems with this?

3 Likes

I think it’s the M key that toggles mute. You might have hit it by accident. That’s what that symbol means.

Nope, i did that, it doesnt do anything because im not actually in voice. It doesnt show up in my normal screen, only on the group chat screen. Good tip though but it was my first thought to check that. There’s no “red line” through the mic

This is an issue on PS4 as well. If you enter Team chat no one else is there. You have to go back into the menus, turn off group chat and auto join team chat. It’s a pain

2 Likes

I’m having that problem on PS4 too. No matter how long I have it off in settings it won’t work.

I’m fully convinced there has not been a single patch in over a year for the PS4 that doesn’t have some stupid bug with voice chat. Needless to say, I’ve been experiencing this as well, just playing group in arcade and quick play. Can’t play comp because I heavily rely(being a tank/healer main on the PS4) on callouts and giving callouts.

Does Overwatch not have someone checking for voice chat bugs each patch or???

I was wondering if it was bugged,PS4 here. Maybe I might avoid comp for a couple days.

This is definitely a problem on ps4. Talked to a lot of people with the same problem. Have to keep leaving and rejoining chat to get into team chat.