Delete this please..pls

Blockquote I agree with this. However, how are they detecting the presence of said 3rd party applications?

Google “Bruce Schneier Warden”.

Also, I hate to break it to you, but any game you’ve installed ever in the last decade, especially multiplayer online games, has reserved the right and probably exercised the right to monitor what other software you have running in memory for ad-targeting and anti-cheat functionality.

The fact that tne email specifically stated Pursuit along with visor made me really pause. Pursiut got approval from Blizzard and OWL to partner and use this program and now they are singling it out in emails. I can’t see this as a good thing for Blizzard if one section is planning to hand out bans for it and the other is encouraging it’s use.

Visor I can see, but to state a program that literally just provides data after the fact seems overbearing. My only guess is they cannot differentiate between to two programs so they are blanket issuing warnings.

1 Like

Ahh MEM scan, thank you for that. not sure I feel any better about this as this is one step away from monitoring what’s on disk. Which I would personally not be able to condone.

Also Pursuit has reached out to their contacts at Blizzard to sort this out. We have heard nothing since this has happened from the pursuit.gg team so Blizzard may very well have just destroyed streamer and OWL team funding and such by sending a simple email.

Pursuit can fall under this.

Exactly… Also, it may not be available for some regions or countries.

1 Like

I don’t think you have to worry about that. That would really be crossing the line and I (would like to) think that Blizzard respects us at least that much

The game is likely not doing anything that any big MP-only game with cheat detection does.

Not really related to this, but if you’re worried about who’s scanning your hard drive files for data, the first place to point fingers would be at your operating system manufacturer

You can’t just skip part of the clause. The software has to meet ALL of the stipulations that define a cheat, not just SOME of them. That means the software MUST “influence or facilitate gameplay” to be considered a “cheat.”

Pursuit does not directly influence or facilitate gameplay, it facilitates learning and improvement. Those are two different things.

2 Likes

I mean, I’m going to assume that it was just a list of things that are considered a cheat since Pursuit is still not allowed.

I mean, it IS a list of things that are considered a cheat–anything not in the list, including IMO Pursuit–is not a cheat.

Honestly I think by bringing the ban hammer down on Pursuit Blizzard is violating their EULA. The EULA is a contract, they don’t get to just say “we can ban whatever we want because we say so” without modifying the contract

That, and add goals like Pursuit has. Pursuit will tell you if you’re beneath the average stats of a diamond player if you’re trying to rise from plat to there, and what you need to improve upon. Pursuit will even let you know if you need to stop feeding, stop getting first picked, or to focus down someone hard-targeting you better.

1 Like

You’re sitting here for what I imagine is quite a long time responding to peoples’ grievances and defending Blizzard (A company which neither needs nor deserves your services in that department), but failing to see the actual point here.

Yes, the ToS and EULA give Blizzard the right to ban accounts for using these programs. But if they actually go through with it, there’s going to be some major repercussions with player loyalty.

I’m still not convinced they actually have the right to do that, either. I know if I was on the Pursuit.gg team I’d be looking for a lawyer to litigate it given how much this is going to cost them

Businesses CAN be in breach of contract, you know…

and YOU can’t skip the line directly before the section you are describing.
AND directly after.

any code and/or software, not expressly authorized by Blizzard, that can be used in connection with the Platform and/or any component or feature thereof which changes and/or facilitates the gameplay or other functionality;

Blizzard did authorize Pursuit.gg. Which is why this is such a interesting situation and topic of debate. The fact they were named in said email is akin to slander.

When did they authorise it? Last I checked, this the first time, they even acknowledged the program.

okey.

Quick question. Is Visor and Pursuit made by the same company? They both have gg in their website addresses.

I’m not.

In order to be considered a cheat, a third party program MUST “influence and/or facilitate gameplay” IN ADDITION TO not being “expressly authorised by Blizzard.” Any third party software which meets BOTH conditions is a “cheat,” and Pursuit doesn’t meet the first condition

2 Likes

scroll a little further and it says any code.

I would say about the time they gave the go ahead for them to partner with World Cup teams and OWL teams alike. Since they have to receive that ok before the partnership can be made.

I don’t think teams have to do that.