Delete this please..pls

Oh boi, must have hurt you more than I thought. No I won‘t, life as a Sombra main is hard sometimes :man_shrugging:

Pursuit is the same as visor’s last versions without the ingame overlay. It gives you a match history, does not give the teamfight breakdowns like visor does, gives some insights such as “you should get more value out of your nanoboosts” , and gives you a scoreboard with kda’s.

And no contrary to visor, you can’t get those features by uploading them to the website. This is why this situation is so ironic, the feature that actually made sense banning was the ingame tips from visor. Yet visor is the only of the 2 that can work without the software. Therefore they are basically just banning Pursuit, since you can just unninstall visor and use visor through the website by uploading your vods.

1 Like

so hard that you need a … wait for it

safe space? to protect your feelings from the mean teammates?

it’s ok

just don’t go around belitting others and preaching about “safe spaces” when you need one yourself

1 Like

I don’t understand how does Pursuit provide benefits not achievable in the game? It literally records my gameplay and then gives me stats and tips. It’s like if I had a coach with me, would I be banned because someone was training me and giving me feedback? WTF OW? Visor on the other hand does everything in the game itself, that you may consider cheating because it gives you information such as enemy ults etc. but even that, you can argue a coach can help you with.

3 Likes

Pursuit gone gg now XD
It just got started

:rofl:
The design of brig, the crowd control meta, and the general state of main tanks says otherwise.

6 Likes

so does the fact that a good one out of every three players are smu… er, I mean “alt accounts” playing on their “DPS only” account or whatever which just so happens to be three tiers lower than their main

but they’ll be moved up to their true rank quickly so it’s not a problem

except it is, when the ranks are filled with such players

1 Like

I used pursuit for a couple of days but found it rather useless, nothing I didn’t already know my playstyle lacked.

Will Oversumo get the axe as well? I can clearly see why Visor is getting banned since it gives players a clear real-time ingame advantage, and I am assuming Pursuit is getting banned for using the same tactic of taking screenshots ingame. But will Oversumo get banned? All it does is give you stats post match and gets all of its data off of Battlenet.

1 Like

This is dumb. Visor is legit cheating, pursuit is far from it. Post game stats - they should then ban all stat trackers, along with their own.

They probably can’t distinguish between the two softwares and the easy answer is to ban any 3rd party recording software.

1 Like

I get banning apps that provide helpful in game information, that makes sense. I do NOT get banning apps that give you post game information to assess your performance and has no effect on the game whatsoever.

If there’s a harmless app that players are violating the EULA to use, I think that’s a pretty good indication of what the next in-game feature needs to be… Its scoreboard time guys.

In the meantime on console, people can use a third party hardware to use mouse and keyboard without facing any kind of punishment since day one :slight_smile:

2 Likes

just add a match history. it still baffles my mind that a competitive game does not have this. show me my stats at least if not the entire team and the read team.
i want to be able to go to a match history “tab” in the game and see my past games and know what dmg/obj time/kills/etc i had in that match know if it was a win/loss and how much sr i got or lost.

This is a C O M P E T I T I V E game why not already have this ?

3 Likes

They’ve gone on record there though saying it’s the technology/environment that is stopping them from truly implementing a solution there from what I remember.

If they ban pursuit, they might as well turn off their API access to Overbuff and/or stat sites too.

I will not stop using pursuit, so if they ban me I will just move on to another game.

4 Likes

I think what bothers me in this case is the inconsistency within Blizzard on the topic. We’ve seen WOW for example have third party applications that show information come up constantly, and while there’s less of a PVP focus in that game, it still does exist. To me, it makes me wonder if there’s a more subtle motive behind the change in question. With changes to things like Private profiles, data behind the game is getting less and less available. This data is the only information that you can take to make arguments against blizzard with hard facts against some decisions that have been made lately, like whether the Mercy changes were good in the long run, or the questioning of nerfs via bug fixes in the form of Roadhog’s alt-fire.

My question to blizzard is if they are going to open up formal APIs to that data so that sites can actually get the information out of the game , and actually do it in what they deem a “proper” manner. That to me is important in a game that wants to cultivate a competitive environment like OWL, and for players who want to follow the track of becoming an OWL player or compete in legimate tourneys a way to get that information.

Disclaimer: I have not used Visor and never heard of Pursuit until today.

I think this whole situation is indicative of a deeper issue, namely the lack of useful ingame statistics for players. There’s no purpose-made API, Overbuff et al can’t pull from private profiles, the existing statistics are chaotic and not that useful for determining where you need to improve, and third party applications designed to provide feedback are not allowed. Where does that leave us? Manually logging our games in spreadsheets and looking for trends?

4 Likes

That logic makes no sense because you can the same thing about computer and peripheral performance. Should everyone be forced to play on the same type of computer and same type of mouse/keyboard/monitor to keep everything even? Of course not. People with more money or dedication to the game are going to put more into giving them an edge and that’s unavoidable.

At least Visor and Pursuit are free programs anyone can download.

Accurate data is hard to achieve without these apps.
Imagine tracking all stats given by oversumo to moira for example. there are like 10 stats /10 minutes.
I assume that better players can “sense” this better, but for the rest of humanity, rely on numbers is still the most accurate way to understand what is happening.
not only this, but what to pay attention to when playing.
when I was a main lucio, oversumo helped me to improve my offensive assists and it became something that I would pay attention to while ingame.
Pursuit, as I am training as Ana, helps me understand some of the numbers and what really matters.
And yes, blizz will sure come with some kind of advanced stats for proplayers in comp and also take down every single site that does the video analysis in an automated form (computer aided analysis). this way they keep the environment under their watch.

they are free, they won’t be free for long. Overtrack does the same as pursuit and charges a fee after 10 matches or something.
As soon as they understand the boundaries of their business model and blizzard’s model they will charge everyone :wink: