Delete this please..pls

For the last time, I am going to explain this carefully, and in bold, so please follow:

It is not outside help; Pursuit only provides information a full 10 minutes after the match is completed, and even then it’s only tips such as “don’t get killed” and “kill more”. It cannot interact with you in-game. You cannot use it for anything in-game. It provides nothing of value or invalue during the game; it is a non-factor during game. Your Antispyware scanner provides more interaction with OW than Pursuit does.

9 Likes

Also, are disadvantages covered in the end of license agreement? I thought it was just unfair advantages. XoX

What about frame rate though? Shouldn’t it be locked to 60 FPS? Higher frame rates give less input latency. So wouldn’t it only make sense to lock things so players are matched there too?

3 Likes

“For example, a third-party application that offers users information such as enemy position, enemy health, enemy ability usage, or Ultimate readiness creates an uneven playing field for every other player in the map.”

That’s an ineffective example if your post was intended to address Pursuit, because it literally does none of those things. It’s only useful after a game is over, not during. If you could address this clearly instead of in PR language, that would be great.

3 Likes

Answer this question.

Does it provide insights that are intended to improve your game with advice from professional coaches that are personalized for every match?
If so, it is quite literally outside help.

1 Like

Continuing the discussion from Unauthorized Third-party Software:

Can someone clarify what I bolded above? Does this mean that player’s account (meaning he could simply then go buy another copy of overwatch) or is that player’s account + IP + associated accounts are permabanned?

I personally vouch for the latter

Assuming that they believe it is a cheat, I think it’s an I.P ban. That being said, I’m not sure.

It would indeed not be cheating if everyone had equal access to it. That’s what this whole thing comes down to. A true competitive challenge has to ensure equality of everything except for player skill/ability. This might be an impossibility, but that doesn’t invalidate the argument.

Whether or not post-match analytics are effective to X degree is not the argument. Either everyone has equal access or you have an uneven playing field which goes against the intended nature of true competition.

That is why my argument is not against the concept of post-match analytics. My argument is against the idea of some players having/using it and others not. If Blizzard buys out Visor and gives it to everyone in the game by default, then Visor is not cheating.

3 Likes

I’m sorry, but that’s such a terrible comparison.

5 Likes

They are not personalized from professional coaches; it’s merely amalgamating what you did in that match and comparing it to averages set in-game for the season and for your rank and the rank you want to reach, then giving advise based on if you were killed too much or not killing enough. It’s basically just the same 2 advise over and over again. No one professionally is writing this, it’s just tips spat out by a machine that doesn’t even know where you died, why, what you did wrong, etc. It can’t coach you, it’s just “git gud” written a bit better.

1 Like

He was arguing strawmans anyway. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Let me just stop you right there. I copied and pasted everything from their website.

I should have clarified, but I was talking about Pursuit, which sounds like it is nothing more than an “AI-VOD-review”. And anyone can have access to someone or something helping them out post-match. If nothing is wrong with VOD-reviews, then nothing is wrong with a program which gives some data post match.

2 Likes

Buddy… do you think professional coaches are just sitting down, in real time, 24/7, and writing advice to me whenever I complete a match? :man_facepalming: They got advice for the advice mechanism, they’re not sitting around hyped up on caffeine devoting their life to this like a call-center or the pods in the Matrix movie. Bruh.

1 Like

Giving tips is a form of coaching btw.

Hope no one ever sees you play and tell you what to do over your shoulder, you might get banned according to you lolol

1 Like

You literally ignored what I just said. The information I got is from their website. I’m going by what they said. You’re going by what you think. Besides,
you misinterpreted the sentence. Read it again.

I already explained why that won’t be the case.

Now we’re arguing effectiveness? Lol, stop changing the argument half-way please.

I’ve noticed that you can copy and paste all of the arguments about why Visor isn’t cheating into a single text document.

And then you take that document and try to apply it to the screen that tells you your account is suspended.

And nothing will happen.

6 Likes