"Vision problem" only with Overwatch

Let me explain what I mean by “Vision problem”

Recently, this weird bug started to appeared when playing the game : my vision struggles to move after 2 or 3 games. It’s like i’m on low sensitivity or it even doesnt move at all. Really enjoyable when you’re trying to kill someone.

The only culprit here could be my mouse but my mouse works perfectly on other games, Overwatch is really the only one where this weird glitch is.

I could also try to update/reinstall my drivers (Razer drivers to be precise), but I wanna know if this glitch ever happend to someone else and if it has, how did you get rid of it ?

Do you have a button that changes the dpi/cpi on the mouse?

Yup but I’m not even touching it 'cause when I’m on the game menu, the sensitivity is fine.

I really don’t understand the description of the issue. Any video to demonstrate?

Here you go, this just happened on my last game. Since it might not be that flagrant , I put a red circle on the bottom right hand corner when the glitch occurs.

There’s two clips from the same game : https://youtu.be/Md5Yx9GbpVw

Can’t read the temp clearly since it’s 720p… what does it say? Overall, it looks like your PC stops processing input for a second, possibly due to overheating/temp spikes – probably not related to mouse. Check the netgraph (ctrl+shift+n) for SIM spikes (white bars).

Okay so, I did check the netgraph for the SIM, I had some white spikes but my FPS were also dropping (I already had this kind of thing so this is perfectly normal)

When the glitch occurs, my fps dont drop, only my vision is locked or something and ofc, during my games, this glitch didn’t even occur so I can’t tell if this has also something to do with the SIM thingy

Oh and the temperature says 80°C, I know it’s kinda hot but we’ve told me that it should be fine.

White spikes aren’t normal. though and will coincide with fps spikes/loss. That’s also what’s causing those locked glitches you’re describing – missing frames/data.

I think there may have been a misunderstanding from the previous advice provided concerning the temperatures. While the GPU can go to a higher temp without shutting off, it does start degrading its performance at 80C. And depending on the CPU model, some i5s degrade performance at 72C.

You’ve posted several times about fps issues since 2018, and if this is the same system, the performance of the hot hardware might be getting worse.

That’s the same system, yes but I’ve already managed to get rid of those fps drops but it sure does happens sometimes but thiq is rare.

What I’m talking about is a completely different thing, as I told you, when my vision is locked, my fps dont drop.

I think I’m gonna stop asking here, thanks for your answers.

This sounds a bit rude, not sure if that’s intended, but I have fully read all of your messages here. I don’t work for Blizzard and I’m trying to help as best I can. The video shows signs that point to hardware problems. Even if the mouse problem doesn’t occur when you’re locked in, when you start moving the system isn’t responsive to your input.

I suppose it’s also possible the mouse driver is crashing in the background, causing it to become unresponsive to your movements. You could try adjusting the speed of the mouse in the main Windows Control Panel settings so it defaults to those if the driver is crashing. Can you add a DxDiag here so we can see if it’s the driver?

Click here to show/hide DxDiag instructions
  1. Press Windows Key + R, then type DxDiag and press Enter.
  2. In the DxDiag window, click Save All Information.
  3. Name the file “dxdiag” and click Save.

To add it to your reply here:

1. Open the text file and copy all of the text.
  2. Paste the text in your reply.
  3. Highlight the pasted text and click </> on the post editor.

If your DxDiag does not fit in one message DO NOT shorten it. Instead, post it on Pastebin.com and provide the hash code (the numbers/letters after the .com) in your reply.

Sure, here it is : the pastebin pTrGDcbp

There are several errors happening in the background that could be causing this.

Signature du problème :
P1 : Wacom_Tablet.exe
P2 : 6.3.12.2
P3 : 5564f2d2
P4 : Wacom_Touch_Tablet.dll

Signature du problème :
P1 : steam.exe

Signature du problème :
P1 : mbam.exe

Signature du problème :
P1 : Microsoft.LockApp_10.0.19041.423_neutral__cw5n1h2txyewy

I recommend disabling Steam and MalwareBytes, and unplugging or uninstalling the Wacom software.

I also see some reports of issues with the Microsoft app using a lot of memory in the background, so it might be something to consider.

The thing is that I always disable Steam when I play Overwatch so that’s weird ?
Can’t really disable MalwareBytes it’s my antivirus so I don’t really wanna mess with this.
And yeah, I’m gonna uninstalling my graphic tablet drivers I think since I’m not even using it.

And for the Microsoft app … I don’t know what to do about this.

Thanks for the answers !

It might be utilizing too much of your resources in the background. Temporarily disabling it while you play Overwatch isn’t going to harm anything.