Video proof Dva DM broken

it killed her and got ate after by the looks of it… Like it went through her forehead and then got ate… The dm was too short. Isn’t it like 8m long or something, like rein’s swing? idk

You were probably 11 or 12 meters away from them. DM’s range is 10 meters.

Things like this are why she needs a 12m matrix.

7 Likes

You have to remember two things:

1.Shooter favor. What you see on your screen is not same what other players see. Where the truth in this case? The shooter has favor, very possible that on Roadhogs screen you didnt have matrix activated yet so he got the kill.

2.Replay is not perfect representation. ALL Blizzard games had various bugs related to replays lol

1 Like

The visual effects for roadhog’s bullets being eaten are clearly visible.

I got killed through a DM at point blank range. Literally DVa was standing behind me and matrixed the moment I got hooked and I still got killed.

4 Likes

Yes! Not only that, this is an issue also!

What happens visually client-side and what is actually happening on the server are two different things. It’s why you can be 200% you were solidly behind a wall and still get hit by a Widow headshot. Where you seem to be on your end of things is slightly ahead of where the server actually puts you. I assume a similar effect is at display in this replay.

2 Likes

You were out of range by like a meter or two. Thus is why they need to give her back its old range. ¬__¬

This happens to me every time I try to save a team mate from hook! A similar thing happened in this clip where the grav didn’t get eaten.

Yep. It’s silly how D.Va can use her boosters and DM and still not be able to save someone but Zarya can just press E to save them from miles away.

7 Likes

You were out of DM range for the grav 100%

2 Likes

Old DM was too oppressive imo. Most DVa players ended up eating things they never even intended due to it’s massively large length and width. It reminds me of Genji’s old deflect, where he would deflect shots well outside the range of where he was physically located. DM is still insanely useful by being able to eat game changing ultimates like Zarya’s graviton surge or one shots like McCree’s high noon.

Dva can no longer save a roadhog hook reliable anymore, DM should more reliably defend from hook.

Its tough to gauge because you’re basically right at the edge of the zone for DM-

But to me it looks like you’re cleaning up the pellets that missed ana / went over her head, and that she was JUST past the range of defense matrix.

But it’s difficult for me to tell with complete accuracy in all honesty.

Yes, but it’s her only way to DEFEND herself and others.

Tell your useless ana tank to swap.

Winston’s pitiful bubble shield is his only way to defend himself, yet he makes up for this, like Dva, by having high mobility.

But he has more SUSTAIN.

D.Va doesn’t, Winstons also faster in the air, D.Va’s easily picked off. Defense matrix doesn’t work properly anymore since they changed the graphics of it. I say, we revert the graphic of defense matrix, and then add +2 more meters to defense matrix to see if they creates a positive affect on D.Va.

People still think D.Va Is a throw pick.

2 Likes

He makes up for it with his mobility, yes, but he also makes up for it with his weapon. In a teamfight, his weapon does a surprising amount of damage, and since it’s a large AoE weapon, it makes up for the shield. He has zone control, unlike D.Va.

Believe me, I’m not unsympathetic to players who choose characters deemed to be “throw picks.” I’ve dealt with abuse for picking Torb because of the stigma surrounding him. That said, many characters have been called throw picks without the community thinking they need buffs. They throw around the terms that they are “niche” picks that could become OP if they’re given even small buffs.

In terms of D.Va’s sustainability, her slower flying speed compared to Winston’s is balanced with lower cooldown times for her boosters. The amount of damage she can block has no ceiling, as she can stand in front of a Bastion without taking any damage while DM is up. Winston gets shredded, which makes Dva a more viable pick against Bastion when the team decides to focus him.

But that damage is spread out like Moira’s damage orb is. Plus, teams are rarely concentrated in a single location that gives Winston the opportunity to hit more than three targets. They also usually spread out upon being hit with his Tesla cannon, and is one way he makes space. DVa can take individual targets down faster with both primary fire and with her rockets. In a Dva vs Winston duel, the fight is in DVa’s favor due to higher DPS and more versatile mobility. It’s very complicated when comparing the two, because they both excel in different areas.