Video: How Do I Make Ana Heal Me?

:spider_web: Imagine calling someone a pushover because of their support playstyle. :thinking:

1 Like

Hear me out here. It’s possible your Ana was experiencing an audio bug where she couldn’t hear the healing request voiceline. Here’s a video of me experiencing this bug, where a Wrecking Ball right behind me requests heals, but there’s no voiceline audio:

I could only tell he needed heals because the area was quiet and I heard the text chat sound effect.

There have been a lot of audio issues in the game recently, it’s possible your teammate was suffering from this problem and had no idea you needed heals. There’s a megathread about these and other major game-breaking audio cutout issues right now in the bug forum:

1 Like

Were you watching the killfeed? Your widow killed Sym; hanzo killed turret; reaper killed Mei.

Instead of worrying about what your teammates are doing, you should focus on the map situation and what you should be doing. And you could have thrown a shield in the doorway to your right and backed up to the large health pack.

2 Likes

Get into her line of sight and stop spamming.

2 Likes

This too. 20charhero

This is a typical Ana in quick play. Since people are there to “have fun”, they don’t heal. Because healing is the antithesis of “fun”. Or they are just bad. I had an Ana in my game a few weeks ago who missed two out of three shots on me even though we were both standing still waiting for the opposing team to regroup. And I played Rein.

theres a few possibilities here:

1. the Ana player is not a support player. They may be filling and does not have the mind set of a healer so they end up ignoring they’re job more often then not.

2. the Ana tunnel visioned. Although I can tell if it’s not the enemy team or if they have a dps they’re hitting.

I play tank sometimes (mostly Orisa) and don’t get any healing from a mercy/Ana.

1 Like

tunnel vision or not, ana heard that orisa say i need healing several times, didn’t bother to turn around and check where the hell is said orisa… That’s a bad ana right there.

I’m gonna drop you right then and there, preferably on you head. You’re already stupid, you can’t get worse.
Grandma instinct feels a lot more aggressive than I imagined.

Move your shield forward, make your way to the health pack, stand in front of her. You have to sometimes play around other team mates.

2 Likes

Get a headset and put effort into the game. No com’s = no substantial effort. Even if you’re a pro at the class. Effort and skill are different. Some people don’t pay attention to text.
If they don’t respond to microphone or the healing voiceline, then duo with someone that will heal you or try a ranked match. Many people in ranked use mics.

Speaking of tunnel vision, you could have dropped your shield to give you cover so that you could walk over and grab that health pack that sat there untouched for like 30 seconds.

I mean, yeah, the Ana should have healed you for the sake of getting her ult, but c’mon. Help an old lady out if she’s otherwise occupied lol.

4 Likes

don’t play quick play and problem solved

Hmm, the Ana wasn’t the best. Can’t do much against that.

Btw, be more aggressive with your barriers, sitting back there won’t do much.

1 Like

walk in front of her shots and take those heals by force!

These are the kind of Anas that should just go back to playing Mercy.

/sarcasm-mode-on
This must be for sure fat fake news™! Everyone on the forums knows that Ana-mains are keen, mindful, very professional and simply mature! This footage must be Mercy-mains’ propaganda! It is obvious that it is a Mercy-main playing Ana to mislead us and soil Ana’s image! Highly likely™!
/sarcasm-mode-off

You can’t make any healer heal you any more than a healer can’t make a Tank or DPS peel for them when they need it.

I think getting a healers attention includes not ignoring them, particularly if you are running Zen and constantly you are grouped with “hunter Brigs” who act like you don’t exist and rarely throw armor out… ahem

Find a healthpack seriously. If I were you I would’ve just gone back and through the room for a healthpack. Supports should always heal but for whatever reason sometimes they can’t or won’t, so you have to be proactive and keep yourself up.

Your Ana either had tunnel vision/got caught up in the brawl momentarily or they’re just a bad Ana. lol.

2 Likes