Video: How Do I Make Ana Heal Me?

Ana mains, what’s the best way to get your attention? Specifically, in this clip, what should I have done to get the Ana to notice me?

5 Likes

Say this: “Ana, I love you and right now, I need you to love me back.”

Grandma instinct will kick in.

24 Likes

That is just a bad Ana you got, poor thing probably thought she was DPS.

Walk right infront of her shots. Bam, you get healed.

31 Likes

Cough

Grandma: Oh child!Heres some candy Runs over to you

“I haven’t eaten yet”

Bionade crashes through your window irl

40 Likes

I thought of walking in front of her - but with 123 health as Orisa, I wasn’t confident of surviving a full exposure to the enemy team!

“Somebody call an ambulam!”

1 Like

This will ensure you don’t get healed,I highly advise against being rude to your healer/s. This has a high chance of them actually watching you die. Get them to laugh or smile and they should heal you more.

1 Like

Healing as Ana can be hard, her heals are kind of weak and you might not even notice them if your taking dmg. Unless she uses a grenade it’s often hard to over come the dmg people are taking. But that was just bad.

Generally it’s best to focus on the tanks and the choke as Ana. If you can hit that deep striking genji or Doomfist fine, but I wouldn’t go out of your way to heal them. Your 80hps shot won’t dent the dmg they are taking in and most DPS will just go straight back into the fight because you healed them once, expecting you to pocket them.

Never mind that the tanks and most the group might die if you did that. Ana is a lot like Moira, you have to give Priority to the largest part of the group. Be a tank, be in the front and hopefully be near an enemy. Thats a good way to get healed by Ana.

oh god thats so crap. heal your tanks supports lol

This made me lol harder than it should’ve. XD

Anyway, looks like the Ana was just tunnel visioning and/or had sound off.

Most players like that probably wanted to play DPS, but felt bad for picking a 3rd or 4th one, so picked Ana instead. XP Looked like she was trying to play the role of Widow more than heal, tbh. lol

This isn’t an “Ana main” issue as much as an oblivious player one. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Ana wasn’t without blame, but getting in front of her with the help of your shield would have been a start.

1 Like

She didn’t seem to be doing much healing at all. :confused:
What I’m guessing is that she was zoomed in with her scope, and sort of zoned everything else out.

1 Like

As an Ana main, it really boils my blood when people say it but boy does it feel good when they shut up for the rest of the game when I reliably heal them.

just ask “can you please tuck me in”?

Sometimes I play Ana I don’t see someone who needs healing. What they have done is, literally, body block my shots to force me to heal them lol.

That’s never what you want to do, but I’ve had it happen to me a couple of times.

“When DPS players play Support”

2 Likes

“You insult me, I’ll heal you master.” Yeah, that’s not how I roll. If you apologize though, you can get heals. If you wanna be a pushover like that and preserve your false sense of pride you do you, buddy but I respect myself too much to just let people walk all over me.

:spider_web: That’s just a bad, DPS Ana you got. An actual support player will always be looking for crits. When I play Ana sometimes I get tunnel-vision and will pocket without thinking (like if we have someone diving, I focus 100% on keeping them up).

Use the ‘need healing’ command once or twice and try not to tilt if you still don’t get healed. Maybe it’s intentional, maybe they’re just bad, or maybe they can’t get to you. I know when I have a crit that’s behind shields or walls as Ana, I’ll spam, ‘COME TO ME FOR HEALING’ like no one’s business to try and get that point across.

1 Like

I would have thrown my shield further forward and moved in front of her, If you were really worried about dying in the few steps moving forward to the barrier you could have also used fortify.

People often get tunnel vision but if you stand right in front they will notice you have low health or at minimum accidentally hit you.

1 Like