Very Nice choice to screw people over

I have owned Overwatch since June 5 2016, and cause I haven’t played in awhile now you have to have a Cellular Phone to be allowed to play something that Owners of the Original Game were supposed to get guaranteed access as well has Founder items… Instead because I don’t have a Cell phone plan I not only can’t play this new game but you have completely disabled the game I payed 60$ for the origins edition version of… WHAT THE Actual Hell are yall thinking… Oh wait you aren’t

2 Likes

They just announced earlier that the restriction is being removed for previous Overwatch players on the 7th.

Any Overwatch player with a connected Battle.net account, which includes all players who have played since June 9, 2021, will not have to provide a phone number to play.

You should be good.

They realized how much they done screwed up, and we can start playing on Friday. Sucks bad to have to wait that long, but at least it’s better than nothing

For Certain players is what they said… I haven’t played in over a year so I don’t fall into that group of people… as you had to have played since july of last year and I haven’t

They were going to be in trouble otherwise, with people who had previously paid for the game no longer being able to play if they didn’t have a phone, it was necessary.

I don’t think that’s what it means.

Any Overwatch player with a connected Battle.net account, which includes all players who have played since June 9, 2021, will not have to provide a phone number to play.

Keywords being “which includes”. The wording is a bit unclear though, but I guess we’ll find out in a couple days.

Where is this info, source?
I am vexxed I cannot play and my disc was turned into a frisbee.
I applied for a ticket in like june or july about the issue, again another last month and was told F OFF, give me your phone number and doxx yourself or F you.
Noway would I doxx myself to a shady corporation on the other side of the world!

1 Like

Short sighted, ridiculous move.
I have 2 copies of OW and plan on installing a 3rd now it’s F2P so I can play it with my kids. So apparently I need 3 cellphones to make this work now?
GG.

Assuming the 2 are older accounts, then no. You should only need 1 phone number as of October 7th.

Thanks.

You know this was a massive issue to me, I am Pissed at blizzard for this one.

1 Like